Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter 28 (or something)

Emma’s POV

Joe’s birthday was in a few days. I didn’t really plan something special since I knew he didn’t want anything planned. He was going to be twenty three and he didn’t really care. The only thing he was happy about was that I was now twenty, so our ages were not weird anymore.

The book had now around the hundred pages and Joe told me I should see an publisher. I knew he was right.

“You sure you don't want to do something.” Zoe asked. “No, Joe and I are going to enjoy this day together.” I said. Zoe looked at me and smirked. “You can always stop by, but not a party or something.” I said.

“Ooh, did you get the invite for Marcus and Nora’s wedding?” Zoe asked. “Why would I get one? Of course I got one.” I said laughing. “It’s in May. It’s now September.” Zoe said.

“So, they want everyone to come. So they sent the invitations early.” I explained. “That was smart. It had to be Nora’s idea.” Zoe said. “Well, duh.” I said and we laughed.

“You two didn’t have to wait too long, right.” Louise asked when she came walking over to us. “No, not at all. Now, let’s buy some things.” Zoe said.

We ended up in Victoria’s secret. “Em, why don't you surprise Joe with something new for his birthday.” Zoe said and wiggled her eyebrows. Omg, she’s his sister!

I still ended up with some pretty sexy sets that I wouldn’t have bought when I was alone. My face was bright red and all Louise and Zoe could do was laugh. “You’re still so innocent, Emma.” Zoe said.

“So, that’s me. Get over it. Now, let’s get a drink.” I groaned. “You’re too young to drink.” Zoe giggled. “You know what I mean.” I said.

“Happy birthday.” I whispered in Joe’s ear. He groaned and wrapped his arms around my waist. “Ssh, just go back to sleep.” Joe mumbled. I laughed. He would never change.

“Joe, I’ve some presents for you.” I mumbled. Joe opened one eye. “Can’t we do this later?” He mumbled back. “No, now come on.” I said. Joe sighed and opened his eyes.

“You have to get out of bed.” I said smiling Joe groaned and got up. He followed me to the dinner table. I had made him breakfast. Joe looked at me. “Come on, sit down and enjoy your breakfast.” I said.

Joe sat down and ate a lot. He never ate that much normally.

“Babe, I’ve to go. You go to the park in ten minutes.” I said. Joe just looked at me. “Emmie, it’s my birthday. I didn’t want a party because I wanted to spend the day with you.” Joe whined.

“Honey, this is for your birthday, now. Don't whine and dress and come to the park in ten minutes.” I said. I was about to walk away, but Joe grabbed my hand. He turned me around and pressed his lips on mine.