Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter 24

Joe’s POV

I was so nervous. I was already waiting for 3 hours straight. Waiting for Emma to come back from surgery. Louise was next to me, trying to calm me down. Marcus had come back from his celebrating holiday with Nora. They were engaged now!

Marcus was on my other side. Nora was just home. He was nervous too, he was calling his cousin. Emma’s little brother. He was updating Jesse about the situation here.

The doors of the surgery opened and the nurses wheeled an asleep Emma out of the room. We followed her bed and got in the room they wheeled Emma to. ‘’She will wake up soon.’’ A nurse told us. We nodded and we all sat down in a chair again.

After 10 more minutes, we heard a yawn and Emma opened her eyes. I immediately was next to her bed. Emma didn’t look up, she was just staring at her cask. A doctor came into the room.

‘’I think you can call yourself lucky, miss Smith. The operation went perfect.’’ The doctor said smiling. ‘’Does that mean I still can play cello?’’ Emma asked. ‘’I can’t say that for 100 percent sure, miss Smith. Only time will tell.’’ The doctor said.

Emma looked devastated. I didn’t get it. Maybe that was because I didn’t have something like that. A passion.

‘’It’s the best if you go and sleep right now.’’ The doctor said. Emma nodded and yawned before closing her eyes. As soon as Emma was asleep, the doctor looked at us.

‘’There’s a chance she can’t play anymore.’’ The doctor stated. ‘’But you just said-‘’ I said, Louise cut me off with a ssh. ‘’I didn’t want to break her heart. Doctors have a heart too, you know. The chance that she can play again is lesser than 30 percent. That’s extremely little.’’ The doctor said.

We all looked at each other. How could we tell Emma that? ‘’Don’t worry. Our medical team will tell Emma when she’s less dizzy from the sleeping drug.’’ The doctor said. We nodded and he left the room.

‘’I have to go back to Darcy. I’m so sorry Joe.’’ Louise said. She gave me a hug and left. ‘’I have to call Nora and Alfie. You call Caspar and Zoe.’’ Marcus said. I nodded.

I dialled Caspar’s number first. I knew he was Emma’s best friend. It was clear. ‘’Hello?’’ Caspar said. ‘’It’s Joe. Emma is out of surgery.’’ I said. ‘’O God, how is she?’’ Caspar asked worried.

‘’Asleep. The doctor told us that there was only 30 percent chance Emma can play again.’’ I said. I felt a tear. What, no. I’m a man and men don't cry. ‘’O god, how did Emma react?’’ Caspar asked.

‘’We didn’t tell her yet. A team of people is going to do that.’’ I said. ‘’Okay, I’ll come stop by.’’ Caspar said and hung up. Just like that. I called my sister. ‘’Emma is out of surgery, Zo.’’ I said. I heard a click and Zoe had hung up too. I sighed. Weird people today.

I went to twitter and saw everyone hoping Emma would get better, a few bitches said she deserved it, but most of the fans were nice. There were videos on the internet that showed what had happened.