Chapter Twelve

dedicated to @hauntedpond, because of her super sweet comment, thank you so much girl!

Chapter 12

Joe’s POV

‘’Come on.’’ Marcus whispered to me. I nodded. He opened the door and we started to sing. With we, I meant: Marcus, me, Alfie, Zoe, Caspar, Jack and Finn.

We were here to sing for Emma. It was her birthday. When I told Marcus it was her birthday, he said he didn’t even knew and immediately went to buy her presents. The others had the exact same reaction.

‘’Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Emma, happy birthday to you.’’ We sang. Emma opened her eyes and smiled. She was surprised, but at least she was smiling.

‘’Happy birthday Emmie!’’ Zoe shouted and gave Emma a hug. ‘’Thanks, Zoe.’’ Zoe gave her the presents she bought. ‘’Can I open them later, I really need my medication right now.’’ Emma said and got out of her bed.

After a while, she came back. She opened Zoe’s presents. All were clothes. Emma thanked Zoe again and gave her a big hug.

‘’Emma, finally 19. How does it feel?’’ Alfie asked before he hugged her. ‘’Erhm, it just feels the same.’’ Emma said. Alfie handed Emma three boxes. ‘’Thank you Alfie.’’ Emma said and smiled.

She opened the boxes. Alfie had given her things for her room, to be frank, that was exactly what this room needed. Emma thanked Alfie and gave him also a hug.

‘’Now it’s my turn.’’ Caspar said. ‘’You’re forgetting that we also bought this present.’’ Jack and Finn said at the same time. We all laughed.

‘’Okay, this present is from me, Jack and Finn.’’ Caspar said. Emma removed the wrapping paper and she had a camera in her hand.

‘’I can’t take this.’’ Emma said immediately. ‘’Yeah, you can.’’ Jack said. Emma shook her head. ‘’Come on, Em. We bought this for you. Just accept it.’’ Finn said. ‘’But this is too expensive. It’s only me’’ That’s where Emma made a mistake. It’s not just her, it’s her. Emma Smith.

‘’Emma, come on. Think of the cool things you can do with this camera.’’ Caspar tried. ‘’You’re not going to take it back, right?’’ Emma said, she already knew she would lose this thing.

‘’Nope, it’s yours.’’ Jack said grinning. ‘’Fine.’’ Emma groaned. Everyone laughed. ‘’But why do I have to do with it?’’ Emma asked. ‘’YouTube.’’ Jack and Finn said at the same time.

‘’That’s not going to happen.’’ Emma said determined. ‘’Emm-‘’ Jack started. ‘’Okay, I think I’ll go now.’’ Marcus said. He handed Emma a bag.

Emma smiled, knowing what was inside. ‘’Thanks Cus.’’ She said and hugged Marcus.