Record by Record

I put a few records in their right places in the crates that fill the store. Each one a different letter. I sway to the song 'Hey Jude' playing through the speakers. One of my favorite Beatles songs. Ever since I left Iris in the parking lot I can't stop thinking about what she said. "He will break you."  What is so bad about him. Granted I haven't even talked to the guy and he already irratates the hell out of me, but he has to have some sort of a good side.

"Charlie!" Ezra, my boss, snaps me from my thoughts. I peek around the corner to see him talking to a customer. Niall.

"Shit." I say to myself, a little louder than expected. The both look over and I hide back behind the wall.

"One sec." I hear Ezra's foot steps coming closer until he stands right in front of me. His horned rimmed glasses hang off the ridge of his nose. "What's wrong with you? I need you to help a customer. I have other things I have to worry about." He shakes his head pushing me out to the other room where Niall stands, waiting.

"C-can I help you?" I stutter a little.

"I would like to know what you suggest. I need something good to listen to." An evil smirk spreads across his face and I know he playing with me.

"You knew I would be here." I grab a stack a records off the front desk and start to place them in their right place. I try my best to ignore him but he is standing right next to me.

"What do you mean? I just want to buy a record." His hand brushes against mine and I flinch it away.

"Then go look. You don't need my help." I keep my eyes on the Kansas album in my hand.

"You don't have to be such a bitch." He goes to the crates across form mine.

"I am not being a bitch you are just being annoying." I explain, moving to the next crate over and he does the same.

"I have never had a girl so mad that I didn't kiss her, only mad when I said I wouldn't fuck her twice."

I gape at his harsh words, "I couldn't care less if you kissed me or not."

"Oh really?" He raises his eyebrows leaning on top of the crate. He infuriates me and I have only just met him. I can't stand the way he looks at me. I can't stand the way he talks to me. I just can't fucking stand him!

"Really." I place the last record in the crate and go behind the counter. He follows. "If you aren't going to buy anything, you need to leave."

He looks back at one of the crates and grabs the Kansas, Point of No Return album, "I will get this."

I ring him up giving him his change, but he doesn't leave. "Do you need anything else?"

"Nope." He says looking at the back of the album

"Are you going to leave?"

"Are you going to go on a date with Harry?" His question catches me off guard. Why would he care? Is he jealous? He could never be. I feel he hates me as much as I hate him.

"Why do you care?"

"I don't." He looks at me, a scowl upon his face. The bell rings on the door as Niall exits.

What the fuck just happened? "He will break you" The words play over and over again in my head. The way everyone speaks of Niall makes me want the test the water, just dip my toe in. Will he break me? What will happen if he does? Will I ever be the same? I shake the thoughts from my head, grabing my things.

"Ezra!" I yell and he comes into the front room, smiling at me "I am heading out. See ya tomorrow?"

"Definitely Charlie. Have a nice one." I turn to leave but Ezra keeps talking, "Was that your ex? You could have said something. I would have taken care of it."

"No. Not an ex. Just some random guy." I shrug and leave the record store. I search my bag for my keys but they must have fallen to the bottom. I squat down setting my purse on the concrete. I search the bottom of my bag for my keys.

I shadow grows over me. Shit. "Need some help love?" I look up expecting to see Niall grining at me but Harry's curls overcome me.

"Um no." I say pulling my keys from my purse. "I found them." Harry offers me his hand and I take it. He pulls me to my feet, a little closer than I expected. I place my hand on his hard chest and step back a little. He is gorgeous. His front curls are pushed up to stand tall. Today he is wearing all black. Even though he may look amazing there was nothing there. Nothing special.

"So, where are you going?" He asks, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"I am going out to lunch with my brother." I lie. I don't really want to go on a date with Harry. I like hanging out with him but with other people around.

"Well I will let you get to it." He grins at me. I stand on my tippy toes and give him a small peck on the cheek, his cheeks flare red.

"Nice to see you again Harry." He stands still so I go around him, walking a little quicker to my car than I should be.

--------------------------------

"Liam I am back!" I yell as I walk into our apartment.

"In here!" He yells from the living room. I remove my converse and throw them into the front closet. I walk out to join him, pulling my hair from the messy bun it was in.

I stop in my tracks when I see a fimilar face smiking at me, releaving a dimple