Closure

CHARLIE'S P.O.V.

"We should leave." I sigh. "He said he was going to be here an hour ago."

"Maybe he just forgot. I'll just call him." Liam pulls out his phone but I stop him before he has a chance to dial.

"It's no use." I try my best to sound like I care about my father for Liam's sake. "He has a new life Liam and I am sorry we can't be a part of it but I think it is for-"

But I am interrupted when Liam shoots of his chair with a big grin on his face. I follow his line of sight to my father, in a different and an expensive looking suite.

"God, you both look so much like me." He reveals a big, white, toothy smile. He probably gets them whitened. I try my best to keep my composure as he hugs me, but this man disgusts me.

"Please sit." Liam gestures to the chair across from him and next to me. "Charlie doubted you were going to show." I glare at Liam but he keeps his eyes locked on the menu.

"Yeah sorry about that." He shakes his head. "I had an important buisness call that I couldn't miss."

"Do you do this to your new family too?" I mumble under my breath, hoping he didn't hear.

"You know I love you both." Of course he heard.

"And that explains why you left us all those years ago without even a goodbye."

"Charlie." Liam stresses for me to stop but my dad shakes his head.

"No let Char say what she needs to say. I was hoping one of you would say something." He nods, forming a line with his lips, waiting for me to continue.

"We woke up and you were gone." I hold back my tears, trying to be strong. "How could a father leave his own kids like that?"

"It was for the best Char."

"Don't you dare call me that." I spit.

"Charlotte." He sighs. "I cheated on your mother." My father closes his eyes, shaking his head at his own mistakes.

My eyes grow wide, looking back at Liam, the look of hurt present in his eyes.

"You what?!" I narrow my eyes at the sad excuse for a man sitting next to me.

"It was a hard time for both of us. I was working in Iowa, being so far away from you all was hard. Especially on your mother and I's relationship. She wasn't happy and neither was I." He looks up at Liam and I for emotion but I show none so he continues. "It was as if we weren't even together anymore. And I met someone, and I forgot about your mom. I will never forgive myself for what I did to her but there is no way I can take it back."

"I can't believe you." I stand up from the table. "She is your new wife isn't she?"

"Yes." He sighs as if he is giving up.

"I am leaving." I sling my bag over my shoulder.

"Charlie please." Liam tries to intervine.

"No. I don't want anything to do with you from this moment on." I shake my head. "I have gotten all the closure I need."

Before my father has a chance to respond I storm out of the cafe, leaving Liam behind with him. I walk a distance away from the cafe before I dial Niall's number.

"Everything okay, love?" Niall answers, worry present in his voice.

"Can you come pick me up?"

"Of course." I hear him fumbling with his keys. "The cafe right?"

"Actually." I turn around to look at the building I stopped in front of. "I am standing outside 30 Lanes."

"That old bowling alley?" He sounds disgusted.

"That would be the place."

"Be there in a few." And he hangs up.

I sigh, putting my phone back in my pocket. I can already feel the summer weather slowly dying down. It isn't quite cold but the wind has picked up and the temperature has drop slightly. I miss the fall weather so badly. I take a seat on the curb, pulling my knees to my chest. Everything was supposed to be good. After out trip we were supposed to come back to a new life. A better life. But that all was ruined the moment I laid eyes on my father. At first I was almost happy to see him, but then reality sunk in and I couldn't hold my own. All the emotions that I hide in the dark closet came pouring out.

"Cold?" Niall's voice snaps me from my thoughts, I look up to see him towering over me.

"Maybe a little. I told myself I should of brought a sweater." I shake my head as Niall slips off his worn out leather jacket slipping it over my shoulders. I have never seen him wear it before but he must wear it a lot, seeing that the leather is almost soft. "Thanks."

"I am sorry." He gives me a worried look.

"Why?"

"Your father. I am sorry he wasn't who you thought he was." He shrugs, scooting closer.

"If we ever have kids, or I mean" I feel uneasy with my own words. "If you ever have kids with anyone, don't be an ass of a father."

"When we have kids," Niall stresses."I will do everything in my power to make you, and those kids happy." Niall's cold hand meets my check, his thumb running along my jawline. "I couldn't picture my future without you Charlie."

I hate talking about my own future. It makes everything seem so unreal that one day I will be out of college, living on my own. It excites me but scares me at the same time. I want to be with Niall more then anything but we are so unpredictable. All we can do is hope.

"With a big house?" I raise my eyebrows, with a grin on my face.

"Anything you could ever want." He nods, leaning in slowly, pressing his soft lips against mine. As cheesy as it sounds, everytime Niall kisses me it is like all the worries have left me, as if it is the cure to all my problems. Sometimes I feel that it is.

"I love you." I state as his lips part from from mine. My eyes still closed holding in the blissful moment.

"I love you too." I open my eyes to see Niall grinning at me.

"Can we go home now? " I ask. "I am freezing my ass off."

"Yeah about that." He winces. "All the guys are still there." He shrugs.

"And?"

"I didn't think you would want to hangout with them."

"Come on." I stand up, pulling on Niall's sleeve and slowly stands up too.

"I would just like to say before hand that I have no clue what we are going to be walking into in that apartment."