Pizza

"Are you going to talk to me?" Niall questions, adjusting the bag he has draped over his shoulder. We walk quickly through the streets trying to hail down a cab.

"Can this wait until we get to the hotel. I am tired." I sigh.

"Fine." He puts his fingers up to his lips whisling loudly. A yellow cab pulls up to the curb in front of us. "Give me your bag." He says taking my suite case from my hand and throwing it into the trunk along with his.

I get into the back seat and Niall quickly gets in next to me. He tells the cabbie the address to the hotel and he speeds away from the edge of the street.

I stare out the window as the bright lights and busy people walk through the crowded sidewalks. The excitement of the big city. I really miss this sometimes. When Liam and I were in High School we would pick one day out of the month and skip school to escape into the city. Get away from our lives for a bit.

"Are you coming?"Niall pinches my side, I didn't even realize that we had stopped.

"Mhm." I nod, following him out of the cab and watch as he takes our bags out of the back.

"I can get my own." I try to take my bag from him but he pulls it away.

"I've go it Charlie." He nods for me to enter the hotel and I do, with him close in toe. I can feel the tension between us. What happened on the plane scared me a bit. Of course I am ready to go to that point with Niall but with everything that is going to be happening soon with school I am not comfortable taking any chances. I need to get on birth control before something like this happens again. I do want to go that far with Niall. I love him.

"Are we going to talk finally?" Niall suggests as we enter the hotel room.

I want to tell Niall everything that has gone through my head but I don't know how to let the words escape.

"Yes." Is all I can manage to say.

"Look Charlie." He sighs, running his fingers through his hair. "I have already said this but I am going to repeat it. I shouldn't have pushed you. It was reckless and stupid. It's just I love you so much Charlie and the thought of being that close to you makes me feel infinite." He says looking up in my eyes.

"I am going on birth control Niall." I blurt.

"What?" He questions like he didn't hear me.

"I want to go on birth control." I nod at him. "I want to be that close to you Niall but without as much of a risk."

"That's exactly what I want Charlie." He says stepping closer. "I just don't want to push you to do anything you don't want to do."

"You aren't Niall." I say shaking my head. "It was my descision to do this. The problem is we will have to wait until we get back home. I don't feel comfortable going to a random doctor in New York City."

"We are in New York City Charlie." Niall says changing the subject with a grin on his face.

"Yeah?" I say giving him a weird look.

"What the fuck are we doing sitting in this stupid fucking hotel when we have so much to do?" He says pulling me close so that my hips are pressed against his.

I look over at the clock on the wall, "Niall it is almost mid-night." I explain.

"And? It's the best time to go out." He beams. I have never seen him so happy. "Everything will be perfect Charlie. You came here to escape right? So escape with me."

"Can I change first?" I say looking down at my sweats.

"Hurry up." Niall releases me from his grasp, pushing me toward the bedroom."WE HAVE THINGS TO DO!" He yells after me and I shake my head with a small chuckle.

Seeing Niall like this, so happy, so excited, makes me feel at ease. This trip is probably the best thing that has ever happened to us. Getting away from all the drama that was Iowa. Yes, half the drama is between Niall and I but being away from the start of the drama gives my a sense of relief.

"CHARLIE!" Niall yells snapping me from my thoughts. I throw on a black skater dress and my white converse. I put on a pair of fake diamond stud earrings and put on the necklace that has my ring. I fluff out my hair, looking in the mirror, and grab my phone before going back out to greet Niall.

"You look beautiful." He smiles, snaking one arm around my waist, kissing my cheek before guiding me out the door.

"So where exactly are we going?" I ask as we reach the front door of the hotel and enter the big city. The warm, crisp, air hitting my face.

"I have no clue." He says hailing down a cab. "How about food?"

"Pizza?"

"Pizza." He grins opening the door to the cab for me. "You want to take us to the best pizza place in the city." Niall tells the cabbie and he nods, pulling away from the curb.

"Seeing that no one from Iowa is here I don't see how this trip could be ruined." Niall says pulling me close. "Unless I fuck something up. Which has already happened once."

"Well my mother does still live here." I cringe at the thought of seeing her. I love my mom and all but knowing her she would find a way to make me feel like less.

"Shit I forgot about her." His eyebrows furrow.

"But what are the chances that we will actually run into her in a city this big." I try to reassure myself.

"Yeah." He nods, looking out the window. "What are the odds."