Here for You

*CHARLIE'S P.O.V.*

"Louis and I went out." Iris explains. "I am so sorry Charlie but we won't be home until tomorrow night." I haven't stopped crying since Niall walked out the door. I called Iris hoping she could give me some comfort here.

"I will try Liam." I try my best to sound as if I am fine. I don't need Iris rushing home on my account. "It's no big deal."

"Oh my god what happened Charlie." That worked. "Louis pull over." I hear her say to him.

"No Iris. You go to where ever you are going. It really is no big deal. I am fine." I try to repeat myself hoping the words will click in my mind.

"Are you sure. I want to be there if you need me." I can see her wide worried eyes looking at me now.

"No Iris. You go have a good day with Louis." Her wonderful relationship brings a tear to my eye. Yeah, she might be pregnant but at least she has someone like Louis that will stay and care and love for her. "I haven't seen Liam in a few days anyway. I am going to hang up now. Okay? Okay." I hear her yell 'I love you!' as I pull my phone away from my ear.

I quickly dial Liam's number while I am not crying.

Straight to voicemail. Great. Of course the people who are closest to me aren't here when I need them most.

"Please pick up. Please pick up." I beg, putting my phone back up against my ear.

"Hello?"

"Harry?" I already knows it him I just need to have a confirmation.

"Charlie? What is it? Why are you crying?" I am shocked at his response. I thought I had built up enough strength where it sounded as if I wasn't crying.

"Can you please just come over?"

I hear him rushing around for his things, "Um, yeah. At yours and Niall's place?" He sounds worried.

"Please Harry." I beg. "Forget Niall right now. I need someone. I need you." As the words spill from my mouth I find that they are true. Harry is the one person right now that can really be there for me like I need.

"I will be there in 5." He says hanging up the phone.

I throw my phone on the bed, running my fingers through my hair. I need to compose myself. I get up, going into the bathroom. I brush through my hair putting it up in a pony tail. I wash my face and put on a little consealer, trying to cover the tracks of my tears. I don't bother to put on any mascara because who knows when I will start crying again. I look at myself in the mirror, I am consumed in Niall's oversized sweat shirt. I clutch it close to my body, the warmth taking over me.

"Charlie!" There is a loud pounding on the front door, snapping me from my thoughts.

I rush to the front door, opening it and Harry stalks in. "Are you okay? What happened? Where's Niall?" I slowly close the door behind him but I don't bother to turn around. "Charlie?" Harry's hand gently grabs my arm, turning me around to face him.

"He's gone." I can't hold it, I let out a small sob.

Harry doesn't say a word. He pulls me close to his chest, his long arms wraps around me, giving me a sense of protection.

"He left, back for Ireland." I cry into his chest. "He left me here because I am not enough for him."

"No." Harry pulls me back so he can look down at me. "Come here." He pulls me over to the couch. "You are an amazing girl and Niall doesn't deserve somone like you."

"Harry ple-" I try to stop him.

"No. Let me finish." He puts his finger to my lips, but quickly takes it away. "His problems are his problems and he is fucked up for leaving you here. You deserves so much better Charlie and I wish you could just see that because seeing you hurting like this makes me hurt Charlie." Harry takes my hands in his.

"But I love him." Is all that I can make come out after Harry's confession.

"And I love you Charlie but loving someone isn't always the best thing." The hurt in his eyes are prominent.

"Harry." I sigh. "I am sorry I keep putting you in this position, but I can't give you what you want. I can't feel the way you feel about me."

"We could work Charlie. You just have to let it." He scoots closer. "You keep dreaming of this wonderful fansty with Niall where everything will work out for you but I am sorry Charlie, that isn't going to happen. Not with Niall. I have known Niall for a while now, and yes he is a close friend, but he isn't go to stick around, as we have already found out."

I was right in calling Harry. He is telling me the cold hard truth and that's exactly what I need right now.

"I don't know what to think anymore." I say looking at the ground, shaking my head.

"Think about us." Harry places his thumb underneath my chin, lifting my head so my eyes connect to his. "I know I shouldn't be hopping on your dick right after your break up with Niall, but I can't take this any longer Charlie."

"But Harry we didn't even really break up. He just left to give me space to show how much he is really hurting me." I look away from Harry. "When in turn he is hurting me even more for leaving."

"Exactly Charlie." Harry's eyes plea for me. "All he is causing you is hurt and you need someone that can love you without all the hoops to jump through."

"Will you stay?" I need time to think on this. My head is spinning with emotions.

"I will be here as long as you need me." He sits a little straigher. "I will always be here for you Charlie."