Carnival Love

"Where are we going Niall?" I ask breaking the silence in the car. With much objection from Liam, I left with Niall, to take me on some surprise. I miss us. I know Niall cheated on me but I miss everything we had. Yeah it was unhealthy but it was perfect for me. All I ever I wanted is what Niall and I had. That is why I came with him.

"I told you it was a surprise." He reaches down to place his hand on my knee but retracts his hand at the last minute. I know he misses me too.

I don't want to take Niall back so easily but I feel a gap in my heart without him.

"You don't seem much like the surprise type." I look over at him, pain escapes my words. I can't bear not being with Niall. But I can't deal with being with him either. It is all a hot mess.

"We are here anyway." I go to look at my surrounding but Niall covers my eyes with a t-shirt and ties it behind my head. I know it is his because of the scent that fills my nose.

"Is this needed?" I ask as Niall helps me out of the car. He places his one hand on the small of my back and take my other hand in his.

"Yes. For the millionth time it is a surprise. This is what people do when they have a surprise." He stops me and steps behind me, holding my shoulders.

"Can you take this thing off me yet?" I ask.

"Fucking hell Charlie." Niall unties the t-shirt and I gasp at the sight in front of me. We stand at the entrance of the carnival. It is dark out so all the lights are on, lighting the way. I remember coming here, everyday when I was little. When Liam and I would visit my dad here in Iowa he would always take us here. Those are the memories I will always keep close.

"When I first met you I knew you were having an odd effect on me." Niall comes to my side as I gawk at my surroundings. "So I talked to Iris. I told her I needed to know everything. This is one of the things she told me about. She said it is probably your favorite place to be."

"Oh my god Niall." I turn to him, smiling as a tear of joy cascades down my cheek. "I can't believe you would do this for me."

"I would do anything for you Charlie." He gives me a worried look. "I can't take being without you anymore. This past week has been absolute hell. I can't get you off my mind. Ever since I first meet you I knew you were going to make a different man out of me and that's exactualy what you have done."

"About everything that you were telling me happened in your dark past." I look at the ground.

"I will tell you ev-"

I stop him, "You didn't let me finish. That dark past is exactly that, your past. I don't need to know what happened back then as long as I know that you have left it all in the past."

"I have Charlie." He steps closer to me, taking my hands in his. "I left that all behind for you. I love you and I can't risk losing you again."

"Okay."

"Okay? Meaning we are okay? You will take me back?"

"Of course I will Niall." I can't keep from grinning. "But it is going to take us a bit to get back to normal."

"I will do whatever it takes. I just need you in my life again." He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me close to his hips. "Now how about we go back to my place." He says biting his lip.

"No! You brought me here and I want to stay for a while!" I wiggle out of his grasp, grabbing his hand and pulling him farther into the carnival. "Can we ride the rides?"

"Yeah, I hired some deeb to come and do it."

"Some deeb?" I question as I pull him over to a small roller coaster.

"This guy." Niall says pointing up at the skinny brown haired boy stands by the controls, messing with his phone.

"Lets ride this one!" I say pointing at the roller coaster with two big loops. I try and pull him up the stairs but he doesn't budge, pulling me back to him.

"I am not fucking riding that." He shakes his head.

"Are you telling me that mr. tough guy, Niall, won't ride a roller coaster?" I tease him.

"No." He narrows his eyes at me.

"Then let's ride it then." I smirk at him and pull him up the stairs.

NIALL'S P.O.V.

I watch as Charlie gets in the roller coaster car. Her arse sticks out as she steps inside. I look over to see the little dweeb, running the thing, staring at her arse.

"Hey you fucker." I slap him in the back of the head.

"Niall just get in here." Charlie glares at me, pulling me down into the car. "I apologize for him." She smiles up and the boy.

Charlie pulls down her harness and I do the same. The boy, who I still don't know his name, checks to make sure both of our harnesses are secure. I catch him looking down Charlie's shirt but I hold everything back for Charlie's sake. Things are good right now and I am not about to fuck everything up over some pointless wanker.

"Please keep your arms and legs in the car at all times." He says in a monotone voice. "You ready?"

"Yes!" Charlie says, giddy.

"No." But the car had already started moving up the steep slope. "Fuck Charlie." I cuss and she takes my hand is hers squeezing tight.

"It will be over in a few minutes." She looks over at me as if I am a small child.

"I am not-" But before I have a chance to finish the car speeds down the first hill, going around the first loop and then quickly to the next. I squeeze Charlie's hand a little tighter.

We reach the last turn to bring us back to the beginning. "See that wasn't even bad!" Charlie beams. "It was fun."

"Yeah." The harnesses lifts up and I step out of the car, helping Charlie out. "So much fun." I run my fingers through my hair before wrapping my arm around her back and pulling her away from the guy.

"Have a nice day." Charlie smiles and waves back at the boy but I just pull her even more.

"I don't like that kid." I growl.

"Why?" Charlie stops in her tracks.

"He was definitely checking you out Charlie." I roll my eyes at her as she crosses her arms across her chest.

"He was just being nice."

I hold back from telling Charlie how stupid that sounds. "Yeah I guess." I wraps my arms around her waist, pulling her close to me. "Can we go now? There is a nice bed calling our name." I grin, staring down at her lips.

"I want to go to one more place." She smiles looking at the ground. I can tell this place means the world to her, and I don't want to ruin it by dragging her to the car. I love this girl and I will do anything for her, even if that means being a total sap. "And then we can go." She tucks a peice of hair behind her ear.

"Anything for you love."