Date Night

I run my hands though my hair in frustration. I get out of bed, throwing on an over sized t-shirt.

"What was that?" Niall still lays in my bed.

"My mother. Being my mother." I shrug, grabing my phone off the dresser. "Why are you still here?"

He shrugs, getting out of bed. I can't help but stare at his tattooed muscles. His muscles contract as he puts his pants back on. He runs his fingers through his hair, it is messy but it still looks perfect.

"Staring isn't polite." Niall grins, pulling his shirt over his head.

"You are telling me to be polite?" I say, raising my eyebrows.

"I have a good side."

"I highly doubt that." I say shaking my head, I walk into the kitchen with Niall following close behind.

Liam stands, leaning against the counter eating a bowl of cereal. When he sees Niall he nearly chokes on his food. "Where's mom?" He asks, finally catching his breath.

"You didn't see her leave? She is staying at some hotel." I shrug.

"Oh lord." Liam says, setting his bowl on the counter "What did you say?"

"I think I am going to go." Niall say, rubbing the back of his neck "Enjoy your... what ever it is you do all day." He nods and leaves the apartment.

"What the actual fuck." Liam laughs.

"Oh shut up." I shake my head, pouring myself some cereal.

"I thought you hated the guy? You were just ranting about him last night and now you are having him spend the night? This isn't you Charlie." He dumps his soggy cereal down the garbage disposal.

"You sounds like mom." I groan.

"I don't think you should get involved with him Charlie."

"Why does everyone keep saying that!" I throw my arm's in the air.

"I am just trying to protect you. Like I always have." He sighs looking at the ground "I just don't want to see you get hurt."

"I can take care of myself." I grab my keys and phone and put on a pair of my Toms. "I am going to the store. I will be back in a bit."

Liam hands me $50. "Get the groceries for the week please."

I don't respond. I just leave. I don't need everyone telling me wrong from right. Even if they may be right.

I make the quick walk to the groccery store on the corner. I grab a cart and make my way to each isle. I make it to the last isle. Liam insists I get Lucky Charms every week even though it's probably the worst cereal in this place. I reach for the cereal on the top shelf but of course, even on my tippy toes, I can't reach.

A large hand reaches up to grab the cereal, I look over to see Harry's battered face in front of me. Seeing him like this sends chilling memories through my mind. He places the cereal in my cart and throws me a charming grin.

"Thank you." I force a smile. He holds his hands behind his back, rocking back on his heels.

"How does lunch sound?" His dimples are present. His eye is still purple and swollen but not as bad as before.

"Harry, I don't know-"

He waves his hands in front of me, "Just as friends. There is a pub down the street. You can just wear that."

I look down at my sweats and old t-shirt, "I don't want to go out like this. Besides I have the groceries." A part of me doesn't want to go because of Niall. It isn't like we are together but part of me wishes we could be.