Trouble

"W-what are you doing here?" I shutter at the sight of my ex-boyfriend.

"Hello Charlie." He throws me a smirk, going in for a hug. He wraps his arms around my waist pulling me close to his chest. "It is lovely to see again."

My mom appears next to us with a big grin on her face. "I called Colton to come and see you."

I look over at Liam and he looks just as confused as I do.

"Well why don't we sit." Colton pulls out a chair for me and I take a seat, smoothing out my dress. Colton takes a seat next to me and scoots closer. Liam sits across from me next to my mother.

"I thought you were in school?" I ask Colton after the waitress leaves from taking our orders.

"I am, but your mother called me and told me you were in trouble so I came right away."

I glare over at my mother, "In trouble?"

"Oh you know!" My mother sips her water.

"She hasn't told me either." Colton shrugs. Seeing him makes me miss him even more. He broke up with me, and I am not over it. I was too embarrassed to tell Niall he broke up with me.

"Please tell us mom."

"That Niall boy." I slam my drink on the table. Of course she would have to intervene. "He isn't good for you Charlotte."

"You can't control my life mom." I am trying so hard not to go off on her right in front of everyone. "Who I am with isn't your choice."

"Who's Niall?" Colton asks confused.

"I can't believe you asked him to come here!" I raise my voice and the people in the table next to us glare at me. "I don't need saving mom."

"Who is Niall?" Colton says a little more sternly.

"But you do need saving. Saving from that boy. He is no good for you Charlotte, Colton was and has always been the one for you!" My mom goes to stand up but Liam grabs her arm, pulling her down to her seat.

"I think I am done with this dinner." I push my seat out. "I will see you later Liam." I glance down at Colton. "Colton." I nod and walk outside.

Of course Colton follows me out. I was hoping he wouldn't. "Are you going to tell me who Niall is?"

"He is a friend."

"You look great Charlie." Colton changes the subject, walking closer to me, pressing me against the cold wall. "I have missed you."

"You have?" My breath skips a beat as his lips brush against mine.

"Yes I have. You know we never got to have sex." Colton grins down at me.

I can't stop thinking about Niall. What he would do if he found out I was with Colton? He would kill me, no, he would kill Colton.

"I can't Colton." I object pushing him back.

"It's Niall isn't it?" He runs his fingers through his hair. "He isn't just a friend is he?"

"It's complicated."

"I knew nothing was going to happen." He shrugs. "We have both moved on."

Moved on? "You have a girlfriend?"

"Yeah." Didn't he just try to have sex with me. "Her name is Chloe. We have been together for a few months now."

"You pig!" I push him back away from me. "Why did you even come here when you have a girlfriend? You were just hoping you could get lucky!?"

"We are still friends Charlie. I was worried about you." He goes to caress my arm but I pull away.

"Get away from me. You should be with your girlfriend. I feel bad for the poor girl." All my anger that has built up is coming out on Colton. "Does she know her boyfriend likes to sleep around?"

"I don't sleep around." He looks confused like nothing happened. "I just-"

"Save it Colton." I walk away. "I don't need to hear it. Just leave me alone."

I have no clue where I am going but I can't be around Colton or my mother anymore. I remove my pumps from my sore feet and continue to walk.

I end up walking back to my apartment. I throw my shoes in my closet and slip out of my dress. I spot Niall's shirt laying on my bed so I throw it on. His scent fills my nose, colonge and a hint of cinnamon. I miss him. Why? I don't know. Niall does everything in his power to mess with my mind and I think he enjoys it.

My phone buzzes snapping me from my thoughts. Niall's name lights up my screen.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Let me in." His raspy voice rings through my ears.

"What?"

"Let me in. I am outside your door."

"One minute." I hang up the phone, throwing it on my bed. I throw my hair into a messy bun and pad over to the front door.

Niall walks inside right as I open the door. "That's my shirt." He points at me.

"I know."

"Why are you wearing it? And only it?"

"It comfortable." I shrug.

"Where have you been?"

"You aren't my boyfriend Niall." I walk into the kitchen grabbing a glass from the cupboard.

"You were with Harry weren't you?"

"No Niall. I wasn't with Harry. I was with my family and-" He will flip out if I tell him about Colton.

"And? Who else were you with?!" He raises his voice now.

"Colton." I mumble and Niall steps towards me, pressing me against the counter.

He gets right in my face, "You were with Colton? Your ex."

"I didn't know he was going to be there. It was one of my moms traps."

"Traps?"

"She called Colton and said I was in trouble."

"In trouble?" So many questions.

"From you Niall."

"Screw them." His response shocks me.

"What?"

"I want to be you you Charlie. I want you to myself. I don't want anyone else to touch you like I can. I want you." He wraps his arms around my waist, pressing his hips against mine.

"Y-you do?" My heart skips a beat as he kisses down my neck.

"Mhm" He works his way up to my lips.

"Since when?"

"Since I met you. I just never wanted to admit it to myself. I didn't want to admit it to you." He looks up at me, blue eyes piercing into mine. "So will you take me?"