Breaking News

CHARLIE'S P.O.V.

"Are we really doing this?" I ask Niall as I pack a few outfits in my suite case.

"It is your choice." He shrugs putting multiple white shirts in his own suite case. "I just want to be where you are. You still haven't decided where you want to go."

"How about Ireland?" I blurt and Niall's face goes cold.

"No." He shakes his head.

"Why? It would be good for us." I walk over to him, taking his hands in mine. "I would love to meet your family." I smile but his expression is blank.

"I don't want you to meet my family." He snaps.

"Why?"

"Because I said so Charlie so just fucking drop it and pick somewhere new."

"But I don't want to." I pout.

"I don't fucking care." He finally looks up at me, anger prominent in his eyes.

"Alright." I take my suite case and put it back in my closet, sitting, cross legged, on the bed.

"What are you doing?" Niall questions, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Sitting." I shrug.

"Why are you sitting? You need to get ready."

"I don't want to go." I place my hands on my ankles.

"Charlie don't be a child get ready." He sighs, running his fingers through his hair.

"I am not being a child you are just being rude. All I wanted to do is go to meet your family and you snap on me."

"Charlie it's not that, I just really am not close with my family and I need to figure out my shit with them before you meet them." He walks over to the edge of the bed and I scoot over to him. "Besides we couldn't get you a passport in time anyway."

"Doesn't mean you need to snap on me." I shrug looking down at my lap.

"Come here." Niall tells me but I stay put. "Charlie." He grabs my waist pulling me to the edge of the bed. I sit up on my knees, leaning against his chest. "I didn't mean to snap." He sighs. "I just don't want you to meet my family. At least not anytime soon."

"It will have to happen sooner or later."

"Later would be nice." He smirks, placing a small kiss on the tip of my nose, sending chills down my back. This small gesture means so much. "How does New York sound?"

"It sounds perfect actually." I grin.

"Good now finish packing. I am going to get online and get the first flight out of here." He removes his body from mine, making his way over to the desk.

"I am going to call Liam." I inform Niall, getting off the bed, grabbing my phone.

"You know he isn't going to be happy about this." Niall scuffs. "Your brother fucking hates me. No matter what he tells you."

I ignore his comments and dial Liam's number.

"Hello?"

"Liam!" I beam at the sound of his voice. It has been so long since we have talked.

"What do I owe the pleasure to oh lovely sister?"

"Um I have some news for you." I look over at Niall but he has his eyes glued to the computer screen. "Maybe you could come over so we could talk." This gets Niall's attention. He spins around in the chair to glare at me.

"I don't fucking want him here." He growls.

"Yeah okay." Liam says a little uneasy. "What time do you want me over?"

"Now would be great actually." I nod, ignoring Niall's daggers.

"I will be there in a sec." And with that Liam hangs up the phone.

"What hell did I just tell you? I don't want your stupid fucking brother here Charlie." Niall steps closer to me.

"Well I need to talk to my brother." I stand my ground. "So if you don't want to be here when he is here you better just leave now then." I nod.

"It's my fucking apartment I won't be the one leaving." He stands tall, looking down at me.

"I guess you will just have to get over the fact that he is coming over then." I gently push him back a little so he isn't breathing down my neck. "And the fact that he is my brother means that you are going to have to get over this hate as well. I love him and he will always be a part of my life."

"I don't have to like anyone." He spits, emphasizing on the 'have'. "I can put up with him though."

"Fine." I push past him as there is a knock on the door. Niall's footsteps are close behind mine.

I open the door to find Liam standing with Thor on his leash.

"You didn't" I beam, kneeling down so I am face to face with Thor.

"I really wish you fucking didn't" Niall snaps.

"Please come in." I push Niall back so Liam has room to step inside the door. "I have missed Thor so much!" I lean down, giving him a kiss on the head.

"Well he is technically your dog so I figured you might like to see him." Liam lets Thor off his leash and he goes to explore the apartment.

"News?" Liam questions, looking from me to Niall then back to me.

"Right! Let's go sit down." We all make our way into the living room and Liam sits in the chair, Niall and I on the couch. Niall pulls me close to him, keeping his hand on my knee.

"I am going away for a little bit Liam." I sigh.

"Going away? Where? For how long?" He is slightly frantic. I should have known he would react like this.

I don't want to tell him. I know he won't be happy with my choice, I mean I am still confused on why I am going. Yes, it was my idea but just the thought of taking this huge step is quite terrifying. With Niall and I you never know what is going to happen next. Being so far away from home with him for who knows how long, with him and only him, gives me slight anxiety.

"New York." Niall finally tells him, snapping me from my state of thought.

"You are going to New York?" Questions. So many question.

"I need to get away for a bit Liam. Not for long but I need time to think everything through. With everything that has happened with Iris and just the craziness that is my life here. I just want to escape for a week or two." I shrug.

"And you are going with him?" He mentions Niall like he isn't even here. I can tell this makes him mad by the sudden change in grip on my knee, squeezing a little tighter.

"Yes." Niall says, I look up at him to see his jaw clenched. "Is that a problem?"

"Yes actually." Liam states and my eyes grow wide with shock.