Sibling Bonding

"Get up!" Liam yells, pushing me from my bed and I tumble to the floor.

"What the fuck Liam!" I yell back, getting back up on my feet. "What time is it?" I wipe the sleep from my eyes.

"It is 9 o'clock." I groan as the words leave his mouth. He just grins at me.

"And why it is that you got me up so early?" I cross my arms across my chest.

"We are going shopping."

"You?" I point at him. "You want to go shopping with me? You hate shopping."

"Oh yes I despise it." He nods. "But this is for a good cause." A large smile spreads across his face.

"Can you just get to the point here Liam?"

"We are going shopping to get you something nice to wear for...Drumroll please." I roll my eyes at him but drum my fingers on my bed frame. He grins and continues. "You have an interview with the Dean today at 2."

"What?!" I choke on my own spit. "How? I didn't even apply yet?" I walk around the bed so that I am standing in front of Liam.

"Your big brother." Liam is older than me by two minutes and he holds it over me. "worked his magic and the Dean wants to meet with you. He thinks you would be a great catch for the school. Maybe even a full ride if you impress him enough."

I am speechless. Leave it to Liam to make everything in my life go well for once. Every time I am down Liam is there to pick me right back up and I couldn't ask for a better brother.

"And that is why we must go shopping." He nods. "Because you don't have anything nice to wear. Now get dressed I will be waiting at the front door. Chop! Chop!" He yells at me before leaving me in my room.

I quickly throw my t-shirt I was wearing on the bed and pull on some jeans and a simple white v-neck. I grab my cheetah print scarf from my closet and put it on with my black converse. I grab my purse and phone and rush out to where Liam is waiting by the front door.

"I still can't believe you managed to do this." I can't stop grinning as we make our way down to my car.

"I know I am the best, you don't even have to tell me." He says as I drive out of the parking lot towards the mall.

"I don't have any money for anything expensive. I say we just hit up Goodwill." I shrug.

"Hell no!" Liam turns to me, narrowing his eyes. "We are going to the mall. You are picking out whatever, and I shall pay for it."

"No." I say blankly. I hate when people pay for me. I feel guilty.

"Yes. And that is the end of it Charlie. I want this interview to go amazing for you. So you will need something good to wear. So shut up about it."

I pout, trying to find a parking spot in the zoo they call the parking lot. I finally find a spot in the very back of the parking lot. "Hope you don't mind walking." I tell Liam as we make our way to the front doors.

He stays quiet as we enter the mall. I know he hates it here. He always had since we were kids. When ever we had to go back to school shopping with my mother he would whine the whole time.

"I am already regretting this." Liam groans as I drag him into Charlotte Ruse.

I scan the racks of dresses. Too formal. I decide. I go over to a table with skirts. I pick out a light brown skirt.

"What about this?" I hold it up so Liam can see it.

"Yeah. Sure." He shrugs.

"I knew you wouldn't be much help." I sigh. I pick out a black lace shirt to match and I make my way to the dressing room. "I will only be a minute. I want to make sure it looks nice." He nods as I take the first empty dressing room. I shed my clothes and slip into the new ones. I admire the beautiful fabric in the mirror.

"Perfect." I smile. I quickly strip out of the clothes and my on my old ones. I greet Liam outside of the dressing room.

"You like it? Can we go?" He gets up from his seat.

"Yes Liam we can go but I am paying." I sigh, setting my things on the front desk.

"Will this be all for you ma'am?" The women asks.

"Yes." Liam pushes me out of the way.

"Liam." I whine.

"Go wait outside the store." He points, glaring at me.

"Fine." I stomp out of the store, leaning against the wall.

What is taking Liam so long? I think to myself.

"Hello love." My head snaps up at the sound of Niall's voice.

"Please Niall." I say as he walks towards me.

"Lovely to see you again." He smiles.

"I suggest you leave. My brother is here."

Niall steps to the side, looking into the store. "He looks a litte busy right now."

I look into the store to find Liam talking and laughing with a guy, most likely one of his friends. Fuck Liam.

"What are you doing here anyway Niall? You don't seem like the shopping type." I cross my arms across my chest.

"I needed some things." He shoves his hands in his pockets.

"Well then go get your things." I gesture him away but he doesn't move.

"Please Charlie." He sighs. "I can't do this anymore. I need-"

"What's going on here." Liam appears by my side, handing me the bag but glaring at Niall.

"Nothing is going on. Just leaving." I grab Liam's arm and pull him away.

"Is he stalking you?" Liam questions as we make our way back to my car.

"No Liam just drop it."

"I won't just drop it. If this guy is bothering you I want to do something about it."

"I said drop it." I yell at him.