The Past

"Are you sure they won't be there?" I ask Niall as we near his house. I don't wish to see Harry at all for a while. That could also end badly with Niall here. I also don't want to confront Iris about all of this yet. She will just be asking loads of questions that I don't even know the answer too.

"I am positive Charlie. Stop worrying so much." He unlocks his front door and gestures me inside. He was right, there is no one here. He leads me into the kitchen and scans through the cupboards and fridge for something to eat.

"I swear nobody in this fucking house ever buys food." He grunts slamming the fridge closed.

"I just bought groceries." I say, leaning against the counter.

"But I am not about to have another fight with your mum." Niall walks over to me. He leans in, hands on either side of me. He takes his lip ring between his teeth, blue eyes burning into mine. "I am doing everything I can not to bend you over and fuck you right here."

"Niall!" I say smacking his arm.

"What does it feel like to be a virgin?" He grins.

I shrug looking at the ground. "I don't see what is so bad about being a virgin. I don't see why is matters."

"You never had a high school sweetheart? He never slipped-"

I interrupt him, not wanting to hear his dirty words, "I had a boyfriend."

Niall raises his eyebrows at me, asking for more. He is still right close to me but I don't mind. I feel protected.

"His name is Colton. We dated from our freshman year to our senior year. It was a mutual break up. We were both going to two different places and it wasn't going to work." I shrug. I hate bringing up Colton, it brings back too many memories.

"You dated for four years and he never fucked you?" Niall's voice is cold.

"No. No, he didn't. Why does it matter so much?"

"I was just curious." He shrugs. "You don't talk to him anymore do you?" He starts to kiss down my neck. Each touch leaves goose bumps.

"I mean he calls sometimes."

"Okay let me rephrase myself." Niall clears his throat. "You will not speak to him anymore."

I laugh a little, but his expression is serious. "I am not kidding. I don't want you talking to him. You broke up for a reason so keep it that way."

"What makes you think you now control who I do and don't talk to."

He turns around running his hands through his hair in frustration, "Because I don't like you talking with a past love." He turns back to me wild eyed.

"I am sorry but I can't do that."

"Oh yes you can. And you will." What the heck? We were just having a great moment and he has to go and ruin it. I don't see whats wrong with talking to Colton every once and a while. It isn't like I am still dating him.

"It was a bad idea for me to come here." I start to walk towards the front door hoping Niall will grab me but nothing.

"Yeah it was." I hear him say as I slam the door behind me.

I dial Liam's number.

"Can you come get me?" I ask right as he answers.

"Yeah. Be there in a few." I hang up the phone and sit down on the curb. I am hoping Liam gets here before anyone else does but my great luck runs out as Harry's car pulls into the driveway.

He walks over to where I am sitting and takes a seat next to me. "What are you doing out here?"

"Waiting." I am still pissed at Harry for everything he did but then again I did cause the bruises on his face.

"What did he do?"

"I have no clue what you are talking about." I say looking anywhere but at Harry.

"You know exactly what I am talking about. I feel like I have been asking you this a lot."

"Then stop asking."

"Charlie I am sorry about before. It was wrong and I shouldn't of done it." He sighs and I finally look over at him. "I will respect your wishes but I want you to know I will always be here for you."

"Why are you still friends?" I ask.

"I don't really know. I have known him for a while now and we have just formed a bond I guess. We are guys." He chuckles "We are weird."

"And confusing."

"If you are referring to Niall than yes."

"He keeps toying with my emotions. I don't think I can take it."

"Then don't." I give Harry a confused look. "Tell him how it is. Tell him how you feel Charlie."

Liam pulls up in front of Harry and I and we both get up. "Thank you Harry." I say hugging him. I look back at the house to see Niall watching from his window.

"Just remember what I said." He opens the door for me and I get inside.

"I will." I say with a smile. He gently closes the door and Liam drives off.

"What happened to your shirt?" Liam asks.

I look down to see that I am still wearing Niall's t-shirt. "Nothing."

"Do I want to know what happened?" He glances over at me before putting his eyes back on the road.

"Do you?"

"No. I don't think I do." He shakes his head.

"We are going out tonight." He blurts. "With mom. We are going to that fancy Italian restaurant by the apartments."

"The one you have to dress up for?"

"That would be the one."

I groan. "Can I say I am sick?"

"Hell no! You are not leaving me with mom again." He pulls into the parking lot and gets out of the car. I follow him upstairs. "Get dressed. Mom is waiting for us at the restaurant." Liam goes off to his room to get ready and I do the same.

I pull my short, red, bouffant dress over my head with a pair of nude pumps. This is one of my favorite dresses. It fits where I need it to but not to revealing where my mom will judge me. I curl my hair at the ends and fluff it out a little.

I go out to the front door where Liam is already standing with black pants, a white button up with a red tie.

"This is weird." I say looking at my dress then his tie. "We need to stop accidentally matching."

"It's a twin thing." He laughs a little holding out his arm and I wrap mine in his.

I have mastered these pumps so I am able to walk down to the car without tripping.

We drive to the restaurant that is only a few blocks away. My mother is already here so we tell the waitress our names and she guides us over to the table.

My mother smiles when she sees us but another tall figure stands up when we reach the table.

"Colton?" I gasp.