Sober Enough

"So how did you meet?" I lean into the table. Ashton and Luke sit across from Niall and I in a small booth at a small diner. Niall's hand on my tigh, stroking my leg with his thumb.

"Oh gosh." Luke says, breathing through his nose. "Some dive bar just outside of the city. It was open mic night and I was singing." Luke grins over at Ash.

"You sing?" I question.

"I guess you could say that." He shrugs, biting his lip where his lip ring is.

"He is actually really great." Ash nods. "Maybe you could come by to one of his shows before you leave?"

"We will have to see." Niall finally joins in.

"How long are you staying?" Ash asks looking from Niall to me then back to Niall.

"We haven't really gotten that far." I shrug, leaning back into the booth. Niall wraps his arm around my shoulder, pulling me close. "As long as we would like I guess."

"So how long have you two been together?" Luke asks me. Between the two of them they try to avoid eye contact with Niall, and I don't blame them. Niall his giving off this vibe and it's not a good one. Something about the look he is giving me, gives a sense of coldness. It's like when we first met, he looks at me like just another one of his brods.

"About a few months as well." Niall says, staring at me with a blank expression.

"You guys seem like you have been together since day one." Luke beams. "I would kill to have a relationship like yours."

I chuckle a bit and Niall narrows his eyes at me.

"Be careful whatcha wish for." I say shaking my head.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Niall snaps at me.

"Um Luke I think I dropped my wallet outside want to come help me look?" Ash tells Luke, practically pushing him out of the booth.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I snap back at Niall, turning toward him.

"What's wrong with me?" He scuffs. "You are the one that just said our relationship is fucked."

"That's because it is fucked Niall!" I say throwing my hands in the air. I keep my voice to a low whisper trying not to draw attention to us.

"What?" He tries to act as if he is shocked.

"I don't know what happened to you today but you aren't you Niall." I say shaking my head. "You aren't the Niall that I love."

"What the fuck are you talking about!?" He is getting angry, and that's exactly what I need right now.

"You are acting like the old Niall. The Niall when we first met. The Niall I know doesn't treat me this way." I say shaking my head.

"I honestly have no fucking clue what you are talking about. This came out of the fucking blue Charlie." He stresses.

"Well when you do figure it out get back to me ya?" I try to leave the booth but Niall stops me, gripping my hips and sitting me back down.

"You aren't going anywhere." He says, laughing a little.

"I don't want to be with you when you are like this."

"You are trying to find an excuse to leave me." He says running his fingers through his hair.

"Why the hell would I do that?" I question.

"Why don't you tell me that?" He scoots closer and I scoot farther back but I hit the wall. "You are the one that is trying to leave me. You tell me what your plan is."

"I don't have a fucking plan Niall." I have never cussed this much in my life but Niall brings this out in me. "I love you Niall. I want to be with you of course, I want to be with you. But I want to be with the real Niall. The Niall I love, not this one." I say gesturing to him.

"But I haven't done anything wrong!" Niall says, raising his voice. A few heads in the diner turn to look at us and I do my best to ignore them.

"You got drunk Niall! Because of some guy you know nothing about." I say in a low whisper. "You are treating me like you can keep pushing me around and I will keep coming back. But I am sick of it Niall. I am just sick of it." I shouldn't be this stressed over a relationship.

Niall reaches his thumb up to my cheek and wipes away a tear I didn't know was there.

"I am so tired Niall." I let out a small sort of sob thing. I never cry, well at least I don't think so. But it feels so good to get this out. Like I have been holding it in for too damn long.

Niall just stares at me. Doesn't say anything he just stares.

"Are you going to say anything?" I question, wiping my own tears before he has a chance too.

"Let's go back to the hotel." He gets up from the booth and holds his hand out to me. "Okay love?"

"I dont-"

"Please." I look up into his eyes that plead. "Please come with me."

"Okay." I take his hand as I remove myself from the booth. We make our way out the door where Luke and Ash stand talking.

"I think we are going to head out." Niall explains to them.

I don't want to talk. I probably look like a hot mess with tear stains running down my cheeks.

"Is everything okay?" Ash asks and I know he is staring right at me but I try my best not to look at him. I look up at Niall giving him a hopeful look hoping he will get it.

"Yeah everything fine." He says nodding. "It has just been a long day."

"Alright well call me I guess." Ash gives me a small hug and I bite my lip, holding back another set of tears. I nod, pulling Niall away from them and gesturing for a taxi.

He grabs the door for me and I get in the back step with Niall right behind me.

"I am sorry Charlie."