Chapter two: Daydreaming

The next day, I'm the first one in the club room. Which is surprising because I'm always late for Literary club and I only joined so I could keep a closer eye on Akihito. Speaking of Akihito, he hasn't left my mind since yesterday when I met his human half. His appearance caught me completely off guard. I expected him to look pure evil as he did the night of our first encounter. His eyes were green and squinted and his hair almost brown. It had frightened me when I first saw him. But now my head was clouded by his present state. His hair was golden and so soft looking. So, so soft. All his curls and cow-licks were in the right places on his head of hair. I imagined what it would feel like to pat his head and him look at me with such puppy-like eyes. And let's not forget his warm hands, so intimidating, so intriguing. Holding his hand is like a dream come true.

     I found myself laying back in one of the chairs, smiling to my thoughts. Akihito, Akihito, Akihito. I wrapped my arms around myself and smiled. What would it be like to hug him? For the first time in awhile, I blushed at the thought. It would be. . .warm? Goosebumps formed on my arms and I shivered. Man, it's cold in here. I wanted Akihito's warmth. I wanted him to be next to me. I wanted his warm hands again. I sighed. What has gotten into me? I'm supposed to be watching him, not obsessing over him. But I almost couldn't help it. There was nothing for me to not obsess over.

     I found myself daydreaming again about him making me warm. It filled my heart to think up such scenarios. I put my hands in my armpits and smiled. Warmth. But it wasn't enough. I closed my eyes and thought about Akihito.

    Suddenly, Akihtio entered the club room and sat next to me. He asked what I was doing and I told him I was trying to warm myself. He then wrapped his arms around me.
    "Better?"  He whispered and I nodded, shocked by his sudden actions.
    "Much better." He then, out of nowhere, kissed my cheek and moved closer. My whole body was in shock, but my expression just showed how much I was enjoying it.

    "Akihito–!" He silenced me with a passionate kiss on the lips. After about ten seconds, he let go and smiled.
    "Hiroomi," I looked at him with a need for more.
     "Hiroomi," I nodded, wanting him to say what he wanted to say.
     "Hiroomi?" But all he said was my name over and over again. Don't get me wrong, it gave me an overwhelming pleasure, but he didn't sound too confident with it. Almost like he was concerned.

    "Hiroomi!" I jolted awake in the clubroom and saw Akihito sitting across from me, instead of beside me, and Mitsuki standing next to me.

    I must have fallen asleep. I felt saddened that it was just a dream. I was cold once again–or more accurately, I always was since it was just a dream. I sighed and pretended to act cool. Akihito looked at me funny, it was adorable. I almost smiled at him, but I restrained myself.

    "Sorry, I was just catching up with my sleep." I cleared my throat and sat with my legs crossed and my arms folded.

    "Anyway, let's read some of these terrible stories." Akihito bluntly said and carelessly picked up one of the students' entries. I awed at him. He's so cool.

       A few moments passed of just awkward silence and I still refused to participate in reading. Akihito glances at me for a second. He looks away when I peek one eye open, but he was too late. I caught him staring.

    "Akihito, if you have any questions or concerns, you can ask." Akihito jolts up at my comment and looks at me.

   "I do have one question." His eyes fall from mine and he points at my scarf.

   "Why do you always wear a scarf, even indoors? Is it like your fashion style?" I sigh at his innocence. He's so cute. I sit up and lean over the table, my arms supporting my head.

   "Well, you see Akkey, my Spirit World Warrior powers affected my body to the point where I'm always freezing." I attempted to sneak in a new nickname for him. It ended up coming out really adorable and catchy. Akihito just twitched.

   "What did you just call me?" He leaned over the table and his eyes narrowed. I tried my hardest not to laugh at his attempt on being intimidating. I lay one arm down and tilted my head.

     "Why? You don't like it? I thought it sounded cute." Damn it. The adjective slipped through my lips on accident. I was hoping with all my heart that he wouldn't think I was weird. I pretended I only said that because I was trying to tease him. I grinned. Trying to tease him.

     "Well with that face, I don't. And it's not cute, it sounds like some 80's pop singer's stage name." Inside, I think my heart fell apart, but I made sure not to show it on the outside. I just chuckled and leaned back on the chair.

     "Well, I think it's cute." Akihito looks at me. I look at his face, he's blushing. Crap. I mumbled it too loud! Mitsuki covers her face with her hand and shakes her head.

    "You two make me barf." She sighs and packs up her things to leave. I leap across the table and put up my hand in surrender.

    "It's not like that, Mitsuki!" Before I could stop her, she yelled "pervert!" and ran out the door. I stayed standing and glanced over at Akihito. He was trying so hard to hide his blush. Before I could say anything, I realized I was blushing too. I looked away and loosened my scarf. For once I felt I was sweating.

     "You really are a pervert." Akihito decides to break the ice with a jab to my stomach. I recover quickly and frown.

    "You can't make wild assumptions, I just met you!" I sighed and covered my face with my hand. Akihito sat there with his arms crossed.

    "Wild assumptions? Says the one who thought I was scared of him and his little sister." Besides from his adorable features and warmth, Akkey was very good at comebacks. This was probably the only thing I won't obsess over.

A/N: Hiya! I hope you guys are liking this fanfic so far, I will try to stay true to my update date every week or so. Please leave feedback and love <3 thank you!

Next update: August 31st