Chapter forty-six: Running Rage

Hiroomi Nase

"Akihito Kanbara will be released from custody," I smiled at the floor. Thank goodness.

"Under two conditions," I looked up from the floor and sat up on my knees.

"Anything." I said as I moved closer so I would hang onto every word she spoke after. She stared hard into my eyes and took a small breath.

"You will continue to watch over Akihito diligently–,"

"Of course, and?" I perked up, hoping the second condition was as easy as the first. Sadly, my hopes were not met.

"And you will break up with Akihito." Her word's were as cold as ice which froze me over. My smile faded and my eyes shook with confusion. B-break up...? I stood abruptly and slammed my hand onto the side table. Mitsuki flinched at my actions, Izumi did not.

"No way! What does that have to do with Akihito turning yumo again?!" I spat as she jerked her head my way.

"The reason he turned yumo is because of your unstable relationship with him! If you two weren't messing around, none of this would have happened!!" Her words were infuriating me to the point that my fingernails were digging into my palms. My teeth were clenched and my whole face was frozen with disgust. Why is she blaming me? This was her fault!

"You think this is my fault? You have got to be joking!! If you hadn't pushed him over the edge calling him a monster, we wouldn't be here discussing this matter!!" I stomped away toward the doorway.

"Where do you think you're going?" She yelled while sitting up in her bed. I turned around forcefully and caught her stare immediately.

"To release Akihito, since I'm the only person who sees the good in him." And with that, I slammed the door behind me and quickly headed in the direction of the front door.

•  •  •

      A car and a truck with a cage on the back of it were parked in the front of the house. When I made it out the door, I was shocked to see two people in uniforms knocked out on the ground. I rushed over to them and noticed the small pool of blood splattered on the ground next to them. I put my ear above their mouth to see if they were breathing. I let out a sigh of relief. I snuck passed them and looked into the back of the truck. Two more officers were limp against the walls of the truck. Blood droplets stained the walls. It looked like something out of a horror film. My heart started to pound, where's Akihito?  I heard grunting coming from the woods lined up next to the driveway. I tiptoed over quietly and lowered my body. What is going on?

Through the branches, I could hardly believe what my eyes were seeing. Akihito's arm was repeatedly being smashed against the tree beside him as he grunted and mumbled between sniffles. My face sagged as I could hear some of the words he spoke.

      "Only a monster g-gets locked away in chains...y-you're not..."–his chained arms hit the tree once again causing him to stop in his sentence–"a monster!" The chains bursted and fell to the ground. I could tell he was smiling.

       "See? I-I'm not a monster! No chains!" He started to laugh between his running nose. I couldn't allow this behavior to continue. I stepped forward with my eyebrows pressing together to form wrinkles.

        "A-Akihito," his head spun around, frightened that someone caught him in the act. His shocked expression quickly faded when he saw me. He stumbled to get up and ran to hug me. His arms hung around my neck as the rest of his body went limp. I caught onto his waist and lowered him onto the ground with me.

       "H-Hiroomi! I-I did what you said! Look!" He released me from his grasp and shoved his red wrist in my view. The tears on his face burned a hole in my heart and his smile didn't help.

       "I-I'm not g-...giving up!" His voice hitched as he kept showing me his wrist. I felt like my heart was tearing massively just by looking at him. Akihito... I slipped my hand behind his head and pressed him against my chest. I rested my chin on top of his head and listened to him hic and sniffle and sigh and laugh. I closed my eyes and couldn't help but feel sorrowful. This is my fault, I should have tried harder or said something more thoughtful. His laughter started to sound like cries so I began to rub his head and shoulder. I shushed him lightly and tried to keep myself together. His tears and running nose bled into my shirt as he cried into my chest.

"I just want to be normal." He muffled into my shirt. I paused, then closed my eyes tightly to prevent from tears forming.

"I love you for you, Akihito. Please never forget that." As we sat there sniffling to ourselves, all thoughts escaped us. Thoughts about Izumi and the officers coming after us. Thoughts about other people in our lives like Akihito's mother or Roy. Our minds were blank and unfocused. The woods seemed to calm us and I started to feel tranquil. I peered down at Akihito and he already beat me to it. His calm, asleep body rested against mine as I smiled at him. I moved his hair out of his face and could see the dark circles forming around his eyes. We haven't had a day without trouble in awhile. Maybe it was just these past days that have been rough on both of us, but it felt like it was never ending. I rubbed my face with my palm and groaned, there's only one way out of this. I managed to wrap my arms around Akihito and stand up. I took one last glance behind me and frowned.

For now, this was the best choice I could think of. I turned away from the Nase mansion and started to run away. There was no way I could negotiate with Izumi and win, there was no way the officers would release Akihito now. I never looked back, not even when I positioned Akihito to my back, I just kept running. My fractured arm and bruised legs were aching from the scene that took place yesterday, but I kept going. I ran off the pain that stung my calves and arms. I didn't know where I was taking us, but I just wanted to get away as far as possible.

It was only later when I found myself at an abandoned cabin in the middle of the woods that I realized where I lead us. I didn't hesitate to slide open the glass door and set Akihito down on the lonely futon. I looked around to see many bookshelves. I knew this place.

When I moved back into the room I set Akihito in, I stepped on a book and picked it up. The exterior of the book was extremely familiar. My heart skipped a beat as I finally remembered. I dropped the book and stared at Akihito's sleeping figure. This...place...

"Akihito's old home."

A/n: yoooooooooo, this story is almost complete!!! Maybe at chapter fifty?
We'll see...
Anyway, I want to thank everyone who has read this far!! You are truly an amazing reader and supporter! ♡
I know this part of the story is kind of trash so please don't kill me, haha.
It will get better for da babes.
Have faith in Faith ✌︎ Chou!
Also, Merry Christmas/Hanukah/New Year's!

Also, if you don't know what I meant by "Akihito's old home" then I suggest you watch (or rewatch) episode zero!! >cries<

Next Update: January?