Chapter fourteen: Help from a Little Sister

Mitsuki Nase

School nowadays were going by too slowly for me. It felt like I've been here for days, I thought as I trudged through the corridor. Suddenly, the door nearest to me burst open, revealing my stupid brother. The door almost hit me and I attacked as soon as I could, but I was stopped. I was stopped by Hiroomi's expression, his body language showed he was tired, frustrated, and gloomy. For once, I decided to be reasonable.

"Big brother?" I used his favorite words to cheer him up, but it had almost no affect. He did twirl his head toward me and smile gently. I tilted my head and frowned.

"You okay?" I asked in an innocent voice. He froze, as if he were caught in the middle of a crime. He then dismissed it and smile at me. He then walked toward me and reached his hands out in a hug. For once, I accepted him into my arms. Something was wrong, and I didn't want it to become a worse situation. He rubbed my back and patted it. What's wrong? I wanted to ask, but decided to wait for him to finish. He then let me go and smiled forcibly. He was about to leave me.

"Wait! Big brother–!" I grabbed ahold of his sleeve and yanked him back over to my side.

"Yes, little sister?" I could tell he was enjoying this, the thought sickened me, but I fought through it. For him. I dragged him over to the nearest bench and sat him down.

"What's wrong?" He stared at me, his face grew weak and upset. He then hid his feelings and fake smiled.

"What do you mean? Nothing is wrong–" he got up to leave, but I used my spirit world warrior powers to form a cage to yank him back down. I couldn't take it. I couldn't take being excluded.

"Why can't you tell your little sister anything?! I'm your sister for crying out loud! Just tell me what's wrong!"  I then stared at him and waited for him to respond. He was just shocked. He then looked at the floor and then back at me with a smirk.

   "I can't believe my little sister cares about me." His words hit me like a truck. Are you kidding me?! I slapped him in the arm and snarled at him.

   "What is that supposed to mean! I always cared about you, you stupid pervert!" He stared at me and then released a laugh that could glow in the darkest of nights. I eye him and crossed my arms.

   "Now what are you laughing at?" I mumbled. I turned away from him and waited for him to tell me what was wrong. Once he was done laughing at me, he sighed and put his head on my shoulder.

   "Sorry little sis, I just needed to laugh." I didn't move. I continued to wait for him. He then rested against the cold wall and looked to the side. I shuffled closer to him and faced him. He finally cracked open and revealed a side I couldn't remember ever seeing.

   "Akihito and I had a little argument." I was about to explode and tell him to get over it, but I stopped myself and waited patiently for more.

   "I yelled at him, I could have triggered his yumo side–"

   "But you didn't, right?" I cut him off with a cocky tone. He blinked at me and then nodded.

   "Then there's nothing to worry about. I'm sure he's fine." Before he could speak again, I got up and patted his shoulder.