Chapter forty-three: Accepted

Akihito Kanbara

     Spring Break is already almost over. Thursday morning, I wake up and see the quiet Hiroomi sleeping peacefully next to me. This bed wasn't meant for two, but somehow we managed. I sit up on my side and brush his hair with my fingers as I watch him breathe slowly, slightly smiling to himself. I'm so lucky, I tell myself for the thousandth time. Man, am I lucky to have him. He has gotten me through my worst times and was part of the best times. He didn't have a care in the world that I was half yumo. He accepted my love since the beginning and I have been hesitant this whole time. Someday I should tell him everything; how much I appreciate him and what he has done for me. How much I love him.

       I lean down and kiss his forehead gently, hoping I don't wake him. His face scrunched up into a grin and his lashes flicker. He turns his head toward me and smiles as his eyes meet mine.

     "Good morning, Akkey." He gleams as he moves around to face me. His hand reaches for my cheek and our lips connect automatically. Kissing him has become normal, but it still gives me a rush.

       "Good morning, Hiroomi." I smile back at him and continue to play with his hair. His eyes close from the affection and he purrs like a cat playfully. A small laugh escapes my mouth, too cute. He then nuzzles closer to me and lays his head against my bare chest. He kisses my collarbone and hugs me.

      "God, you're so hot~." He groans as his cold hands press hard against my warm back. I flinch at his freezing hands. That isn't normal yet. I'm still agitated that I can't warm them. His dead hands still send chills down my spine.

     We got up and put on some clothes. I rushed into the kitchen to fix something to share for breakfast. Waffles are one of Hiroomi's favorites, so I decided to make some. I mix up the ingredients and pour it into the waffle pan. Hiroomi comes in with an olive green v-neck and jeans. The navy scarf I got him for Christmas wraps lazily around his neck. I grin when I see it, he wears it often. I continue to fix breakfast while he sprawls on the couch. Must be still tired, I thought to myself.

We hardly slept anyway; After messing around, we watched several movies on the couch and ended back in the bed after awhile. My face heats up a little, what happened to me last night? I start to blush after thinking back on all the details. I turn away from his direction.

     "Face me when you seduce me." My face heats up more as I recall my words from the other day, did I really say that?! Before I can attempt to calm myself, hands from behind wrap around my waist. A head of hair rests on my shoulders. Stay cool...

"What do you want to do today, Akkey?" His words mumble into my shirt. I force a smile and try to keep my hands busy with the waffles.

"W-we can go for a walk..." was the first thing I could think of. Hiroomi is silent for a moment, but then shrugs.

"Sure, I don't see why not." I can finally breathe again when he leaves me for the couch. He picks up the remote and searches for a channel to watch. I let out a breath of air and jump when the timer for the waffles go off. I quickly take one out and put another back in. I grab a strawberry and whipped cream for toppings and rush them over to the coffee table in front of Hiroomi. He grins and sits up from his laying position.

"Ah, thank you Akkey~" He hums and decorates his waffle with the toppings. He piles the whipped cream on it and then a strawberry on top; after plopping one in his mouth, of course. He cuts up a piece and takes a bite. His grin widens and he hums more.

"Be my wife, Akkey." He demands. His words surprised me at first; My cheeks started to get hot and I quickly walked back into the kitchen.

"How come I'm the wife?" I fire back at him after processing what he said. He looks over his shoulder and smirks.