Chapter five: The Nase House

Hiroomi Nase

      After school, I trudged home, alone. I sighed and looked down at my feet. Akkey. . .

      I didn't want to stay mad at him, right after I left him on that roof, I regretted my approach. Now Akkey thinks I no longer like him, I bet. Terrible thoughts intruded my mind as I replayed the scene in my head a thousand times. I should just apologize. I kept telling myself, but never took action. I reached my house and walked up the small set of steps to the door.  Compared to Akihito's small apartment, our house was a mansion. I opened the door and slammed it slightly behind me. I took off my shoes and put on house slippers and adjusted my jacket. I trudged up the steps and whirled into my room. I flopped onto the bed and groaned. I felt like crap.

    I realized I was starting to heat up a bit. I forgot I had the heat on high in my room. I stripped down to a tank top and sweats. I played with my scarf and whipped it around. My savior. I joked.

      I then sat up and looked over at my aquarium. Izumi, our eldest sister, loved fish tanks. There was a tank in almost every room in the house. It was calming. I let my head be fully supported by my arms and hands. I smiled at my fishes. One was black and white and the other was yellow and had navy blotches. They swam together beautifully, almost as if they were playing slow-motion tag in the water. Their game was interrupted by a small pinkish fish. The yellow and navy fish swam with the pink fish and the black and white one was left alone. I frowned. Poor little guy. I then sat up. Someone had knocked on the door. It was Mitsuki.

    "Big brother, someone's at the door." I smiled at her soft words.
     "Are you too afraid to answer it?" I teased her. She rolled her eyes and hissed at me to just go answer it. I gently lifted myself off of my bed and wrapped my scarf around my neck. I trotted downstairs. I approached the door and opened it. In the way was an out-of-breath, blonde boy who was trying to catch his breath, bending over.

    "Akihito?" I questioned his presences. He took one last deep breath and looked up at me. He gave me a half smile.
    "I just wanted to say sorry about earlier today. I shouldn't of said what I said without knowing more about you." His soft eyes complimented his face. So cute. My eyes glazed over and I barely smiled.
      "I shouldn't have scared you. I'm sorry, Akkey." I recalled the moment when I almost attacked him after he had said what he said. It took a moment for Akkey to realize I had slightly insulted his manliness.
     "Wait, hey! You didn't scare me! You surprised me!" He continued to spit out excuses. I started to chuckle. Then my small chuckle turned into a burst of laughter. He continued to yell out at me.
     "Seriously! Why are you laughing? I wasn't scared!" I looked at him, still laughing. His face was so red with embarrassment. I awed at him. He just gave me a disgusted look and turned away.

    "I'm sorry, my little Akkey." He rolled his eyes as I continued to howl.
    "Enough with the 'Akkeys' already! It's just weird!" He was extremely flustered. I dialed my laughter down and pounced forward. I hugged him. He was extremely tense and warm. He didn't tell me to get off.

    "But I love ya, Akkey." I whispered accidentally. He gulped, I held my tongue. What is going to be his response? I waited as I continued to hug him lightly. He pushed away and showed me the cutest, most embarrassed, red face I've ever seen. I waited with a flirty smile. He broke our eye contact and looked to the side.

     "Pervert." I pretended to be offended dramatically. He just giggled a little. We exchanged a few laughs before I asked him a question.

    "Wanna come inside?" He sighed and said sure in a way he thought was "cool." His attempt was always adorable to me. 

     When he entered, his mouth became agape. Cutie.

     "Your house is a freaking mansion!" He yelped at me like a little kid who just saw his idol on the street. His eyes zipped from one side to another, from corner to corner, examining the detail inside the house. I walked up next to him.

    "Silly, Akkey. Didn't you know the Nase family is quite loaded?" He swung his head around and stared at me.

    "You're just full of secrets, aren't you?" I smiled at him. So childish. I walked up to him and put one hand on his shoulder.

     "We must first get to know each other better before I can release all secrets." I allowed myself to catch a whiff of him. He smelled good. Just his presences made me happier than ever. I then grabbed ahold of his soft hand and lead him upstairs. He flinched when I touched him, but he quickly went with it. When we entered my room, he was amazed once again.

"Your bedroom is the size of my apartment." He said with his voice hinting with jealousy. I smiled and wrapped one arm around his shoulders. He must be used to my physical contact by now since he showed no resistance or surprise from my actions.

"Then make yourself at home." I used him to give me momentum to flop onto my bed. I sighed, relieved that our problems were behind us. He stood there awkwardly staring at me and my room. I rolled onto my side and posed.

"C'mon, Akkey, don't be shy." I smirked. Akihito smiled shyly and walked over to my fish tank. The pink fish and yellow one were still playing together. He smiled at them. It reminded me of a little child being mesmerized by something so tiny. He then wiped his forehead.

"Why is it so damn hot in here?" His use of profanity quickly turned me off. He quickly whipped off his jacket and rolled up his sleeves. I sighed and turned onto my back.

"Sorry," I closed my eyes and peeked from time to time at Akihito. Akihito had made his way from the fish tanks to the wall that was adjacent to my bed. He was admiring the painting above my bed. It was of a small Yumo that I admired so much that I asked my eldest sister to capture it inside a portrait for me to keep. Akihito stared at it for the longest time. I watched him stare. His eyes shimmered from the lights that lit up my room. I was no longer peeking at him, I was straight up gazing up at him. He looked confused by the picture. His innocence was showing.

    "Is this a. . .Yumo?" He asked like he's never seen one before, and for all I know, he hasn't. He looked down at me and I quickly looked away, even though I didn't want to.

     "Yes, I thought it was beautiful. So I kept it." I spoke softly. When I glanced up at him again, he looked happy at my words. He then smiled and we shared a glance. I then did what I didn't expect myself to do. I gently grabbed his sleeve and yanked him down on the bed. I made him land right next to me, laying down in front of me so we couldn't look away. He didn't blush, he didn't move. He just yelled at me.

    "What was that for?" He yelped out of surprised. I chuckled softly and smiled at him. He then gave me his dumbfounded look and relaxed a little. I guess he thought I was attacking him. He was easily frightened by my touch, scared of a repeat of what happened that fateful day. I gently put my hand on his cheek and shushed him. He was still a little shaky around me. I whispered words of reassurance and he closed his eyes slowly. I started to rub his head with care and play with his lips. Suddenly, I found myself playing with an unconscious Akihito. I giggled and pulled a blanket up over to his shoulder. I rested my body next to his.

    "Sleep tight, Akkey." And I fell asleep next to him.

Next Update: September 18th