Chapter ten: "Glasses Make It Better"

^^love this picture ^v^

Hiroomi Nase

It was the next day, Literary club was going on, but I decided to miss it to see Ayano. We were going to her house to discuss latest books and her new idea for a story to give to the Literary club.

I walked over to her house with her by my side, chatting away about her great score on the test we took today. I, of course as a Nase family member, scored a perfect one-hundred on the test. I was becoming bored and sighed.

"Well, I scored a one-hundred." Her smile sunk and she scuffed at me.

"Show off." She joked. I chuckled, such a little sister. Her height resembled Mitsuki's and it felt right to have her beside me.

"Tsk, tsk, sorry Ayano, guess you'll need to study harder." I rocked my finger back and forth and smiled. I loved to tease people, but she was not effected the way I expected. She sucked in a large amount of air and smiled widely. Oh no, I thought, not again. What I meant by that was her explosion of happiness and squeals meaning she had a crazy idea. Mainly involving me.

"You could help me study!" She squealed. I cringed. Oh dear. I thought seeing her everyday during class was enough, but now after school? Her sparkling eyes were hard to deny, though.

"Um, sure, sometimes we can." We arrived at her house and we sat on her porch. I figured we'd go inside, but she declared we stay outside in the warm sun. Which didn't bother me, the warm sun against my chilled skin. We started to chat about her latest idea. Once she was done, she sighed.

"What about you?" She asked curiously. I didn't know what she meant so I told her to elaborate. She nudged my arm and giggled.

"I meant what do you do? Like hobbies." I looked up at the sky and got lost in my thoughts for a moment. I then came back to her and smiled. I battle Yomu with my scarf.

"I don't really have a hobby besides reading." She playfully frowned at me and stuck her tongue out. That was probably the most littlest sister thing she could do. I looked away and laughed. She kept staring at me.

"What's so funny?" She growled and grabbed my shoulder. She shook my shoulders and kept repeating her past words. "What...is...so...funny?!" I couldn't back down now, I was laughing too hard. My stomach started to hurt and she started to lean on me. Her force was too strong and pushed me over. I fell onto the ground and something landed on top of me. When the dust cleared, I saw what it was.

It was Ayano who landed on me. She moved her hair out of her face and her cheeks changed to dark pink. I laid there, too lazy to move. She grabbed my wrist and smiled.

   "Now tell me what was so fun–" A shadow interrupted her sentence. We both looked up simultaneously and saw a tall, blond-haired figure. His face showed disgust and hatred. He bit his lip and clenched his hands into fist.

    "So this is where you were." He stomped. My eyes widened. Akihito, Friday, our date. My brain rushed miles a minute and I crawled frantically out from under Ayano. She sat there on her knees. I stumbled over to Akihito.

    "Akkey–"
   "No, just don't. You scheduled our first date and then bailed to go mess around with her." His voice cracked as he spat at me. His words hurt me, but it was him who was hurting more. I can't believe I forgot. I stammered to get words out of my mouth, but his disapproving look silenced me. He then turned around sharply and stomped away.

   "Akkey, wait! You've got it wrong! Akkey!" I ran after him and caught his shoulder to spin him around. He glared at me and waited. I felt tears arise in my eyes.

  "I'm so sorry! I'll admit I forgot, but I was not messing around with Ayano." I urgently tried to calm him.

   "Akkey, I love you! You know I love you. I'm such a...a...a terrible, horrible, stupid, worthless–" Akihito forcefully put his hands on my shoulders.

   "Just stop it." I knew he wouldn't accept it. I lowered my head and felt tears pour from my eyes. I was shaking. I've never felt this way before about forgetting something. Akihito then released soft words to me.

   "Don't put yourself down like that." I lifted my head. Huh? He then weakly side-smiled.

   "I-If you say you weren't messing with Ayano...then I believe you." I then lowered my head in relief.

   "So you're not mad?" I asked softly with a reassuring voice. He then dropped his arms from my shoulders.

   "Of course I am." I looked up at him. Huh? Akihito then crossed his arms.

   "You missed our date, why wouldn't I be mad?" He growled at me. I whined and dropped to my knees.

   "Please Akkey! Please forgive me!" I jokingly pleaded. His emotion did not change. I then took it to the extreme and started to fake cry and scream.

  "No!" He screamed and started to run away. I sighed, but in a happy way. I knew exactly how to gain his love back.

•  •  •

     The next day, I see Akihito through the window on the door, in the clubroom. I grin evilly and causally walk in while putting something upon my face. I sneak up behind him and slid my hands under his arms.

   "Hello, Akkey—," I sung as usual. I could tell his face was disgruntled. He then stood up and swung around to face me. Before he could disagree with my current actions, his eyes met with the frames that rested on my nose. His face lit up like a Christmas tree and he almost squealed.

   "Oh! Glasses!" His eyes were sparkling with awe and he leaned in close to examine my red-rimmed glasses.

   "You like what you see?" I grinned. His eyes squinted and he backed up.

  "Wait. No, I'm not forgiving you because you're wearing glasses." I crossed my arms and couldn't help but grin at his statement.

    "Whatever could you be talking about?" He then stomped his foot and got flustered. Bingo.

   "You know exactly what I'm talking about! Trying to win me over with glasses. Well it isn't going to work." He crossed his arms and looked away. I then continued to carry out my plan. I scooted up to him and ran my hands up his body to his shoulder and cheek and leaned in extremely closely.

   "But Akkey, if you don't except my apology, then these glasses will start to get lonely." I figured my stupid remark would induce him. He did twitch and grit his teeth. I then moved to plan B.

   "What if...I took off everything, except for my scarf...and my glasses." His mouth widened and his face became bleeding red. I started to strip off my jacket when he shook his head and waved his hands in my face. He was at his breaking point.

   "Stop! Stop! Fine, I'll forgive you." He covered his face when he saw me continue. He didn't want me to see his embarrassed face from the thought of me mostly bare. I liked the idea, but it was not the time and place for such activities, it was too cold.

   I slid my jacket back on and grinned. Mission accomplished. I then hugged him.

   "Watch the glasses!" He eagerly said and carefully moved his head into my shoulder.

   "You're crazily in love with me, aren't you?" He sighed and I smiled a little. I cuddled my head deeper into his shoulder, moving the glasses slightly in the process.

   "Deeply."

A/n: I hoped you enjoyed these back-to-back chapters I worked so hard to get in :)
School is to blame ( "^")