Chapter nineteen: Reserved Kiss

Hiroomi Nase

    Coming home the next morning was rather tough and uneasy. Not only did I not want to leave the warmth from Akihito's body, but I was almost too unstable. Last night was the farthest we have ever gone and I felt this shivering feeling deep in my stomach that was unbearable. It was like a mixture of lust and embarrassment. I had no reason for being embarrassed, I guess that's just how I felt doing it for the first time. My cheeks were stained red and my heart kept thumping. I couldn't contain my emotions building up inside of me.

As I reached home early that morning, I immediately hopped into the hot shower. My eyes stared deeply at the tiled wall as I thought over what happened last night. Akihito was first to start the aggressiveness, but soon I fought for it. Were we really ready for that? I knocked my head against the wall and stared long and hard at my feet. Was Akihito okay with it? My mind spun as I thought about all the moments.

"Big brother?" A voice echoed from the doorway. I turned toward the curtain and peeked my head out from it. I saw her at the doorway, but once our eyes locked, she turned around the corner away from my sight.

"Yes, little sister?" I said with a grin. I heard her pretend she was puking. I chuckled and opened the curtain all the way and stepped out. I grabbed a towel from the counter and dried my hair.

"Did you need something, Mitsuki?" I asked looking from under the towel. I could see her long, dark locks and small, sister-like shoulders peeking in. Her body moved farther against the wall.

"No, I was just wondering why you were gone so long. It's twelve o'clock, y'know?" Her voice echoed into the room. I glimpsed over at the clock. Wow, I thought, I really was gone long. I dropped my towel from my head and wrapped it around my waist. I approached the entrance and leaned one arm against the doorway. I smiled over at Mitsuki, whose arms were crossed.

"Did you miss me?" I teased. She glanced over, suddenly noticing I appeared from inside. She turned her head quickly away and snorted.

"Of course not! I just thought you were attacked by a Yomu and left outside to rot." Her words stabbed a small part of my heart. I covered my chest with one hand and gasped playfully.

"How rude, I wouldn't die so easily. Especially since my little sister would be left standing at the front window, wondering when her heroic, big brother would return home." I was getting into the story too much and started to feel some emotion in my chest. She suddenly slapped my right chest.

"Ow! Hey!" I rubbed the area that was quickly turning red. She gritted her teeth and glared at me.

"I'd be lucky if you were dead." She spat. I frowned and stared at her with teary eyes. She didn't look away from my hurt expression.

"You know I'm kidding, right?" She then gently punched my arm and walked away. I just stood there, amazed and surprised. I lightly smiled and went into my room to get dressed.

• • •

The next morning, I got up to get ready for school. When I arrived, Akihito was already waiting at our meeting spot. His smile was permanently wide and joyful. He didn't wait for me to arrive to hug me.

"Good morning, Hiroomi!" He gleefully said. His hug was tight and his face pink. I laughed nervously and hugged him back lightly.

"Good morning, Akihito." I said with one breath. He held me out with his hands on my shoulders and smiled at me. I couldn't keep my eyes on his for some reason. He looked me up and down and tilted his head.