Chapter twelve.2 [Bonus!]: Halloween

A/n: this chapter is important to the plot!

Hiroomi Nase

    The October air was way too cold for my liking. I moved my scarf up over the lower part of my face and shivered. My hands automatically shoved themselves into the pockets of my jacket and curled up as far in as they could. The jacket wasn't warm enough for my hands and my teeth chattered uncontrollably. I was about to surrender my body to the cold, but something warm nuzzled its way from behind and slithered to my hands. The mysterious hands covered mine and warmth rushed through them. I smiled and moved my head to the side to peek over at Akkey. His warm smile glowed with his cheeks red from the cold. I laughed slightly and pressed my back against his torso.

   "Good afternoon, Akkey." I said and he adjusted his position deeper over my shoulder. He kissed my cheek and the warmth flowed through my entire body. I sighed happily as I stood comfortably in his arms.

"Do you know what you're dressing up as tomorrow?" I paused, huh? I turned my head to look at him. He smiled and furrowed his eyebrows.

"You do know what tomorrow is, right?" I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

"I...don't," I say at last. Akkey stares at me with shock. He gasps loudly and pushes away from me.

"Tomorrow is Halloween, dummy!" I laugh at his child side. He frowns playfully and slaps my arm.

"What are you dressing up as?" He laughs and crosses his arms. I chuckle and think for a moment.

"I don't know." The last time I participated in Halloween was back when Mitsuki was ten and I was eleven. So it's been a while...

Akkey's face gleamed with inspiration. He claps his hands and smiles evilly.

"Good, because I have the perfect costume for us." He purrs. I grin and rub my chin.

"Oh, really?" I say, intrigued by his flirting. He rubs his hands and quickly kisses my cheek. He presses his newly warm hands against my cheeks and I sigh happily from the contact. He smiles and stares at me for a moment. His smile alone can warm me, his touch can fill me with feeling, his eyes can grab my attention from reality.

I smile and start to wonder what he was thinking. I grab his shoulders and flipped my hair.

"So, what are we dressing up as?" Akihito smirks at me and leans in close to my ear. He looks from side to side and smiles.

   "I'll be Pikachu and you'll be Ash." Before he could even finish his sentence, I start to laugh hysterically. Akkey frowns and pursed his lips.

   "What's so funny?" He growls. I hold my stomach and pat his shoulder. I take a deep breath from the laughter and look up at him. He had his arms crossed and had an eyebrow risen. I sigh and stand up straight again.

   "Nothing, just imagining you as Pikachu is adorable, that's all." I smile at him and chuckle. His cheeks turn pink and he eyes look away from mine. I kiss his cheek lightly and hug him.

  "My little Akkey," I mock at him as his arms fall to his side. He hugs me back and grumpily puts his head on my shoulder.

   "I think that's a great idea." I finally say to please him. I could tell he's smiling.

•  •  •

     The next afternoon, I put on my Ash costume. I add my scarf to the mix for I couldn't part without it. I trot downstairs to grab a snack and see Mitsuki. She wore cat ears atop her head and a tail extending from her lower back.