Chapter thirty-one: Power

A/n: guess who's back in action! ( ^ω^ )

Akihito Kanbara

      My chest ached and my palms were sweaty as I tried to keep up with Hiroomi. He's sprinting so fast, I couldn't catch him. He turned a sharp corner toward his class while I stopped in my place. I cupped my hands around my mouth and smile.

     "Have a great day, Hiroomi! I love you!" My breath is staggering and I feel sleepy. He turns his body around while walking backwards. He smiles and laughs a little.

    "You too, Akkey! I love you too." He quickly spins around and jogs up the stairs. I stay put as I try to catch my breath. Bending over while holding my chest, I stare at the floor. It felt good to holler across the empty hall to Hiroomi telling him I loved him. I felt free and calm. After the mental breakdown in the park, I felt better about myself. Maybe Hiroomi was right. Maybe I should stop worrying about my past and let him accept me. A grin couldn't leave my face as I walked slowly to class. I'm already late so what's the point of rushing?

     I open the door to my classroom and immediately receive stares from my other peers. I smile nervously and felt my face turn red. My teacher glared down at me from the chalkboard. She looked me up and down and put the chalk down on her desk.

"Do you have a note?" Mrs. Shizuku asked. Knowing she was a spirit world warrior now really changed my way of looking at her. She waited for my response, but I continued to gazed at her. I tried to imagine her fighting a yumo in that outfit. She waved her hand in front of me and frowned.

"Mr. Kanbara! Anyone in there?" She snapped. I blinked and felt flushed from being lost in thought. I could hear someone whisper and others laugh.

"S-sorry...I don't have one." She furrowed her eyebrows and continued with class after motioning me to my seat. I quickly sat down, already wanting class to be over. The boy who sat behind me leaned forward and whispered in my ear.

"Are you interested in older women now, too?" He snickered along with his buddies. I frowned and slid down into my chair, wanting to disappear. Great...They must have thought I was staring at her chest instead of being lost in thought. I let my head fall onto the table. If only Hiroomi was in this class.

• • •

Finally lunch came and I hurried to buy lunch so I could go to the roof and see Hiroomi. As I started toward the stairs, my eye caught a glimpse of Roy. My eyes narrowed and I felt like I couldn't leave without approaching him. I just can't shake the feeling that Hiroomi didn't tell me everything that happened at school while I was gone. I followed him into the faculty room and leaned on the door frame. He reached down to get a drink and looked up to see me frowning at him.

    "What do you want?" He mumbled. He must have not forgotten what I did to him when I found him hurting Hiroomi.  I crossed my arms and shrugged. I felt confident, almost superior against him. He stood up straight and sighed.

     "Well are you going to tell me?" He snapped, gaining his hostile approach back. I stepped toward him slowly.

     "That's exactly what I was going to ask you." We were a foot apart from each other now. He raised an eyebrow and looked down at me.

     "What do you mean?" He leered. His grin sent a shiver down my spin, but I tried to keep my cool.

    "Did you touch Hiroomi when I was out?" I leaned in, trying to keep my voice from shaking. I wasn't used to acting tough or scary. Roy just chuckled and started to move out the door. Oh no...what do I do?