Chapter six: Soft Cheek

Akihito Kanbara

     My dream was almost too familiar. Scenes flashed forward and back at random times. One minute I was in a peaceful small house in the woods, the next, I saw blood on my hands. I panicked, who's blood is this? Thoughts of it being all my fault tore my body to the ground. I had finally done it after what felt like years of peace. If only they hadn't engaged themselves into my life, they would of been safe.

    I jolt up from the most comfortable and secured bed I've ever slept on. I'm sweating, clenching the sheets and breathing heavily. This is not my bed. I look around and start to hear my surroundings. It was quiet except for the sound of running water. I decide not to move from my upright position on the bed. I wait. A door opens and steam floods out of the room. A dark-haired boy comes out of the room with nothing on except for a towel around his waist and one over his head. His hands gently dry his hair from the morning shower.

     "Good morning, Akkey." He smiled at me. That's right. I scramble off his bed and end up on the floor. He walks over to me and bends down to meet my face.

     "Did you sleep well?" He asked. His face was very close to mine. I could almost feel his breath against my face. I gulped and tried not to blush.

"Uh, y-yeah." He then backs out of my face and finishes drying his hair. He then throws the towel at me and it lands over my face.

"Try not to get yourself too worked up." He said and I heard the other towel drop from his waist. I restrained myself from taking the towel off my face that was blocking my view of a bare Hiroomi. I turned around and faced the wall. I heard him look for clothes and put them on. When I thought he was at least halfway decent, I peeked over my shoulder. I misjudged the time it took him to put on clothes. He was chilling in his boxers and a gray t-shirt, looking for clean pants. I did not look away for a few moments. He looked so skinny in nothing but boxers. It made me wonder how he was so strong.

My moment was interrupted by his eyes meeting mine and smirking.

"Do you like what you see?" He turned around and posed with his pelvis pointing out to the side. I scrambled to turn around.

"It's not what it looks like!" My cheeks were heating up and I couldn't control my shaking. He then came up behind me and, unexpectedly, he put his freezing hands under my armpits. I jolted at his sudden appearance. He then leaned in and laid his head on my shoulder. I blushed a little, but had no expression. If anything, my face showed curiosity. His hands were so cold.

We sat there for almost ten minutes, his hands on my upper side. He sighed happily and nuzzled my neck.

"You're so warm, Akkey." Shivers went up my spine. I could feel his cold hands through my shirt and sweater. I sighed and leaned my head against his.

    "And you're so cold." I softly said. He chuckled and continued to be warmed by my body heat. I didn't feel like moving. I didn't feel like telling him to get off. I just felt like warming him. But our warming moment was interrupted by a loud "yuck" coming from the door.

    "What are you two perverts doing?!" Mitsuki squeaked at us. She was clenching her fist, a lollipop in one hand. Hiroomi flipped his head back and made eye contact  with her.

    "Care to join, little sis?"  His hands did not leave. Mitsuki gave us both a disgusted face and ran down the hall yelling at us one last time, "Perverts!" It was only then did Hiroomi get up from his spot and helped me up.

   "Thanks, Akkey." He said unexpectedly. I just nodded and watched him. He then flipped his hair.

   "I should probably finish dressing–" As he turned to his wardrobe, I snatched his hand. He looked down at my hand. I looked at him, he finally looked up at my face. I could tell my face was a mess. My cheeks were abnormally red, my eyes were watering, and I was biting my lip very tensely.

   "Hiroomi, I–!" I had no words to say yet I attempted to speak from my gut. He just looked at me in the eyes, waiting for me to continue. I couldn't. I couldn't spit out the weird feelings I had been feeling ever since a few days ago. I continued to stare deeply into his eyes. Say something, I thought as I came up with nothing. Don't just stare at me. He then took control of my hand and wrapped me into an embrace. He smiled as he did it.

    "Silly Akkey," He said while hugging my limp body. He stroked my hair a little.

    "Like I said, don't get yourself too worked up over me." I dropped my head into his shoulder and mumbled.

   "I am not." And sighed. He lifted my head up with his hand on my chin and smiled at me. Before I could speak, Hiroomi leaned in and pressed his lips onto my right cheek. My body became entranced and I closed my eyes. I felt like I was floating in midair. What is this feeling? As his lips left my cheek, I opened my eyes again. He smiled at me and waited for me to respond. All I did was freeze.

    "You have such soft, warm cheeks, Akkey." His words were filled with confidence and relief. He turned and went to grab some pants and headed to the bathroom. I stood there, still entranced by his touch. I reached up at my cheek and smiled. Does he. . .? I shook my head. Of course not. That was only out of pleasure for himself, not for me. He just wanted to see me get flustered and jumpy. But this time, I wasn't, I was relieved and still yet he still was pleased. I wanted to say, "you missed" and become touched by his lips again, but more to the left of my face. I wanted to smirk at him and laugh. I wanted to see him be flustered by my actions.

But how could I? I was way too surprised and unconfident in myself. What if he doesn't  actually like me? What if I'm just a toy to him? What if I'm just a monster to him that he is trying to contain? My last thought hurt me hard in the chest. Just a monster to him. I bowed my head and grabbed my stuff. He walked out of the bathroom and looked at me out of the corner of his eye. He knew.

   "What's wrong, Akkey?" I took a deep breath and smiled.

   "Nothing at all."

Next update: September 22nd

A/n: sorry for the slightly late update, but I hope this eventful chapter will make it up for that ;)