Chapter forty-two: Warm Satisfaction

Hiroomi Nase
[WARNING!: includes some smut :))]

       I gain conscious and find myself back in Akihito's bed. My skin felt groggy and stiff, probably from the push-ups. I rubbed my eyes with my wrists and groaned. My arms were so sore that it hurt to lift them. I stretched them side to side and winced at the feeling. Akihito stomped into the room with two bottles of water and frowned when he saw me awake. We stared for a bit. He was now wearing a loose, long sleeve shirt along with his casual pants. His eyes narrowed at me and his face was scrunched. Cute...

     "What were you thinking? Working yourself half to death?" He sounded like a concerned yet agitated mother. He waited for my response, but my brain delayed me. He rolled his eyes and threw the bottle gently onto the bed. I caught it before it hit the covers and quickly unscrewed the top and took several sips.

     "Don't chug it, you idiot." Harsh, but true. I let my body catch up to the water and took several seconds to breathe fresh air. Akihito sighed, his face still upset.

       "I thought you were dead." He scuffed while taking a sip from his bottle as well. I could tell by the look in his eyes that he was really worried. Damn it, I look down at my hands and frown, quit worrying Akkey. I lazily kick the covers off and ask to use his shower. He nods and taps my behind with his foot as I pass by.

    "I'll grab you a towel." I hear him move out of the room in search of a towel. I open the door to the bathroom and pull the curtains away. A tub and shower head wait still in front of me. I turn on the shower and wait for it to get hot. I soon realized I was still only wearing sweatpants and took them off along with my boxers. I reached my hand under the water and felt the warm water bounce off my fingertips. My eyes automatically close as I imagine the warmth all around me. This sensation to be warm moves my body into the tub and under the shower head. Without acknowledging it, my fingertips reach for the curtain and close it. The steam and hot water fills my body with satisfying comfort.

The steam causes my face to become sweaty and refreshed. I close my eyes and just listen to the sound of the water beating against my skin and the floor. Every droplet I can feel run down my body and off my fingertips. The tranquility of it all calmed my mind to a complete blank and it was quickly ruined by a knock on the door.

"Here's your towel." He mumbled as he set it on the counter. I looked at his silhouette and reached around the curtain to grab his arm gently. My wet fingers seeped into his sleeve.

"What is it?" He asks, startled, trying to refrain from looking down at my bare body. I always catch him staring at me in moments like this, as if he was mesmerized by my body. It thrilled me.

"Um...c-can you stay?" I don't know why I stuttered, I couldn't help myself. I felt myself becoming hotter than the water. Akihito looked away with his red face and started to stumble his words. He finally managed to calm himself and nodded. He sat down on the toilet seat and tried to avoid contact with me. I don't know why, but his presence made me feel more relaxed. More secure. Knowing he was right there in my sight pleased me. His presence in general pleases me.

I start to lather up my body with his scented soap. So this is why he smells so good, I smile as I cover my body in it. His smell always comforts me in a way; It just smells like home.

Before I even notice it, I'm humming a tune I heard recently. I can't find the words to it, but I knew the melody. Halfway through it, I hear Akihito chuckle and can tell he's smiling. I peek through the curtain and catch him staring at my silhouette. After a moment, he connects with my eyes and his smile drops. He looks away and blushes loudly. His hand shoots up to cover his face. I laugh and look at the walls again.