1| Crown Pack

Word count: 5944 (not all chapters will be this long)

I really hope you enjoy this story!

Crown Pack: Alpha Robert

Cora's POV

I breathe in the fresh night air and admire the twinkling lights below me. The moon and stars shine bright overhead, a lot brighter than I'm used to in my Arizona city. But since this small Georgian town is far away from any other spot of civilization, the stars shine like diamonds in the sky. I've never seen them so clearly before.

The marvelous sky is just another reminder of where I am, who I'm with, and who I left behind in that crowded desert town. It's a happy reminder.

"What would you do if I threw up on you right now?"

I feel the mood darken along with my relaxed mood. Looking beside me with a bored look, I see Theo Drazen smiling at me widely. I can't help but compare it to his brother's smile who is one car above us.

"We're on a Ferris wheel, Theo. Why would you throw up," I ask tired.

His blonde hair is swept away from his face in a stylish comb over. He's wearing a plaid shirt which, let me be honest, looks amazing on him, but he doesn't understand that I'm not interested in a boyfriend at the moment. My life is too chaotic, way too chaotic for him and his perfect family.

But since I am staying with him for the next two months, I have to put up with his perverted pushy personality. He used to be just pushy and annoying, but from the last time I came here, three years ago, he had grown into a womanizer, unfortunately for me.

He shrugs innocently, not looking sick at all. "I just wanted to make you feel better, you don't seem too happy."

I sigh and involuntarily my eyes glide up at the car above us. From their car, I can hear giggling and see the bench swaying. I feel sick at the thought of what they could possibly be doing up there.

Theo follows my eyes and makes a sound of understanding. "You haven't warmed up to her have you?"

"Has anyone warmed up to her?" I say sarcastically.

"No, not unless you count Calix, but he's is too blinded by her big breasts to care about her-"

"Terrible personality," I finish for him. I cross my arms and with a scowl, look over the festival below us.

"She really is the spawn of Satan isn't she," he says thoughtfully.

"No," I say, "she's the devil herself." I think back to yesterday when she 'accidently' locked me out of Calix's house for two hours while she distracted him by watching a movie with him. Or today when she hid my phone from me for the good part of the day. I was frantic in finding it, hoping she didn't answer a call from my mom.

Theo sighs and hangs an arm over my shoulder. "My brother's a jerk, I know."

"He's not a jerk," I pause. "He's just in love," I say sadly.

"So that excuses his treatment towards you?" Theo sounds offended. This is why I like Theo. Even if he is a huge flirt he really does care about me, enough to go against his big brother. He's a good friend. "You're his best friend, and he's completely ignoring the way she treats you, that's not okay."

"To his defense, she always messes with me behind his back, so he never sees it." The Ferris wheel finally starts back up again, sending a slight breeze through my red hair.

"So you should tell him," Theo tells me, growing tired of Natalie's hatred towards me.

"I won't mess up his relationship like that Theo," I tell him. It's true, my best friend might be completely oblivious to his girlfriend's feelings for me, but I care about Calix too much to mess up something so great in his life, even if it's making mine worse. She makes him happy, and I know she does care about him, otherwise she wouldn't be afraid of losing him to me.