32| Summit Pack

Short I know but important

Summit Pack: Alpha Ryan

Asena' POV

My two hands find their way to Ryan's chest and they shove him away with as much strength as I have in my small body. His canines are ripped from my neck and I scream in agony, clenching the wound with my hand, except the physical pain he left can't surmount the pain he left in my chest.

"W-why," I sob, fat tears falling from my eyes as my heart is repeatedly stabbed several times over again. I sink to the floor, my back pressed against the door as Ryan looks down at me helplessly, his eyes widening in shock.

"Asena," he whispers, reaching forward. I can hear the agony in his voice but I don't care. I don't care.

"No," I scream, batting his hand away. "Don't touch me!"

He falls to his knees as the door behind me crashes open, sending me sprawling to the floor.

"What happened," shouts Beta Oliver, taking in Ryan's appearance. He follows Ryan's saddened eyes to me, where I'm lying on the floor, blood covering the tiles beneath me and coating my neck and shirt. Oliver gasps, his gaze turning back to Ryan in surprise. "Did you . . . ?"

A second later another figure comes through the door, Wes. He sweeps his black hair to the side as he stops in front of Ryan. "Are you okay Alpha? We heard someone scream."

I can't look at Ryan anymore, the betrayal burns my heart too much. I let out a strangled sob as I let my elbow give out underneath me, sending my body fully to the ground.

"Oh my god," whispers Wes as he finally spots me.

He rushes to my side, cradling my head in his lap. "Asena can you hear me? Tell me what hurts."

I sob in the fabric of his jeans, letting my blood and my tears soak his leg. "Everything," I cry out, "it hurts."

I can't tell which pain is more unbearable now, my neck or my heart.

"I'm sorry," cries Ryan from his position on the floor feet away. "Asena, I'm so sorry. I-I had to."

"What did you do," Wes commands to know, his worrying eyes taking in my bloody appearance.

"My wolf," Ryan continues to himself as I let my sobs fill in the silence between his words. "It took over, he wanted to mark you, to make you ours. I'm sorry."

My heart is stabbed once again with immense pain as Ryan lies. Wolfs only want to mark their mates, no one else. If they can they will stop their human counterpart from marking anyone else.

There is no way that Ryan's wolf lost control. Ryan did; he lost control.

"You," Wes whispers amazed, his eyes falling back on Ryan. "You marked her?"

I grab onto to Wes's waist, hoisting myself up as Ryan refuses to give an answer. I don't want to be in his presence anymore, I want to run far, far away from him.

How could he do such a terrible thing? The only person who is ever supposed to mark me is my mate, not Ryan. There is somebody made for me out there in the world and that is not Ryan. How could he take me as his own when I'm destined to be someone else's?

"Does it hurt Asena," Wes asks me urgently. He cups my face and forces me to look into his eyes. I see panic rising in them. "If it hurts then I need to get you to a doctor. You might not . . ."

"Survive," Oliver finishes for him.

"What," Ryan shouts, jumping to his feet. "No! She . . . she can't die because of me!"

"You're not her mate Ryan," Wes argues, pulling me to his chest as he pulls us both up. "Her body can reject the marking which will end up killing her!"

"But I'm an Alpha," he shouts in return, looking crazed. "That doesn't happen to Alphas!"

"And she's an omega," Wes growls, his eyes turning a bright gold. His wolf is challenging his own alpha. "Her body might not make it, regardless of how strong you are."

Ryan's face breaks as his heart does. His eyes become wet as he looks at my sobbing form. "Asena," he pleads, "I'm so sorry."

"Wes," I cry, clutching onto his shirt tighter. "It hurts, it really hurts." My neck aches with every movement I make, even breathing makes it feel like someone is burning acid on it.

He curses under his breath as Oliver runs from the house.

Wes picks me up in his arms and carries me to the back of the house, not bothering to tell neither Ryan nor I where he's headed.

When I catch Ryan's eye through my blurred vision my neck begins to ache more. I cry out in pain, digging my face into the crook of Wes's neck.

"Oh my god," Ryan repeats as Wes sets me down on the counter in Ryan's kitchen. "There has to be something we can do!"

Wes ignores him and rushes to the sink, wetting a towel underneath it. My head begins to become dizzy and my vision becomes distorted more so through my layer of unshed tears. I have to stop crying so I can keep my entire focus on not falling over.

Distantly I hear the front door open and slam before footsteps are heard rushing through the house towards us. Wes stands before me, rubbing the wet towel around my neck to I assume get a better look at the damage. Ryan repeatedly curses under his breath while pacing the floor as Oliver appears, with the pack doctor in tow.

Just as the aging doctor appears in front of me do I feel my entire world tilt to the side.

Ryan materializes out of nowhere, catching me in his arms. The feeling of his arms around me makes my body convulse in repulsion. His eyes find my half closed ones and I can see the agony he feels.

"What can you do," Wes asks the doctor who stares at me with fear written behind his glasses.

"Nothing, I'm afraid."

Ryan nearly drops me at the news.

"There has to be something that we can do to save her," Ryan begs. "Please, I can't lose her."

"It's all up to her wolf," the doctor responds, backing away from Ryan. "She has to accept you or she'll die."

"How hard will that be for her wolf to do that?"

"It depends on how much control Asena has over her."

"She's an omega," Wes says dejectedly. "She doesn't have much."

I don't have any control over my wolf.

Ryan sinks to the floor, cradling me in his arms as tears soak his cheeks. "I'm so sorry," he repeats over and over again.

As I look up at him I can feel myself fading away. My lids become heavier, the pain decreases to a numb feeling, and my body heat begins to drop.

I'm going to die in Ryan's arms.

"Wait," the doctor sighs, making Ryan's body freeze. The last thing I see is Ryan practically snapping his neck to look in the doctor's direction. "I don't want to get your hopes up but . . ."

"But what," Ryan yells angrily. "Tell me!"

"There's a rumor that there's a witch in Red Moon pack. She might be able to well . . . make you two mates."

That is the last thing I hear before my whole world falls away from me.

I literally did not plan any of this ^^ to happen lol my mind lost control. Kind of like Ryan... to soon?