37| Lycan Pack

An early update since this book has reached #317 on the werewolf hotlist, making that a new record! Thank you all!😘😘😘

Word count: 4903

Lycan Pack: Alpha Parker

Parker's POV

Her lips tasted like strawberries and she smelled like dandelions. When happy her eyes were as bright as the sky, and when angry they would turn as dark as a rain storm.

That's what she was to me. A storm. She came into my life the same way she left it, in chaos.

I stared down at her as she struggled for her last breaths. It chilled me to the bone that I still saw her, the girl I fell in love with. As she was dying I didn't see the woman who tried to kill me and everyone I ever loved, no I still saw her as I wanted to see her. The perfect angel I thought she was.

But this girl was terrible. She let her fear of me, her fiancé, take control. She ran to the closest humans she could find that would believe her and brought them here, to my pack, to my house full of my members.

I was distantly aware of my Beta, Dylan lying beside his mate as he cried out for her, begging her to open her eyes.

Jade did this. The human female I was so foolish to trust with my secret turned on me, on my pack, on her friends.

"Baby," Dylan cried out, cradling his mate's head in his hands. "Please open your eyes," he begged as tears fell freely from his eyes. "Please." He sobbed and fell on top of her, letting her blood cover him as well.

"Parker," Jade wheezed out between labored breaths. How is she still alive, I wondered. I clawed my way through her abdomen, all the way to her stomach. She should already be dead. "Please," she begged me to save her. I almost laughed at the thought.

I looked around me, to the dead humans that were covered in their blood, their guns lying at their side. I looked at my parents as they tried to help as many injured as they could. Good thing I didn't tell Jade that silver is our weakness, or else everyone in this house would be dead right now, like Dylan's mate and a few others who got shot right in the head.

That's a wound that no wolf could heal from, silver bullets or not.

I leaned down towards her and licked my lips, like I used to do when I would kiss her. Her eyes followed my lips and for a second I thought that she was still in love with me. Then I heard the painful screams of my pack members around me.

"Go to hell."

That was the last thing she heard from me. I stood up and walked away, having to get out of there. I didn't want her to die by my side. I wanted her to die alone and scared. A person like her didn't deserve comfort.

As I walked through the bloody halls of my house I was sure of one thing.

I would never trust another human again.

...

I took another sip of the hard liquor, welcoming the way it burned as it went down my throat and numbed me from the inside out. Through the window before me I could see Shay standing in the backyard, training with her father.

A quick glance from him and I knew that I had been spotted, but I didn't care. This is the only contact I'm allowed with her for the past week since she found out. She won't go near me anymore, she won't sleep in our bed with me, and she won't even eat meals with our families.

I'm reminded of the first week she was here, but at least then she would give me small glances and I had hope.

Now, she won't look in my direction, let alone be in the same room as me.