40| Crown Pack

Before you continue reading please answer this question!!

What made you click/read this story? Was it the cover, title, synopsis, or something else? It will help me better this story if I know!

And you may continue lol

Crown Pack: Alpha Ronan

Ronan's POV

I find myself in the place I've called home for twenty years. For that entire time, I always thought home was a location, where you grew up and had your best memories. It's supposed to be where you live your life. You go to bed, wake up, and have a family, all in that one place.

I thought that was the definition of home, but after I met Cora, I realized that for some people who are lucky enough to find the mate to their soul, home is a person. It's that person.

Cora is my home.

Now, she's gone.

For over two months I've been searching for her non-stop. I followed the trail of her scent as far north as it would go, only up twenty miles, but I didn't give up. I ventured out into the real world, trying to find any hint of where she could have gone.

I wandered through small towns and big cities. I heard more languages spoken than I've ever heard in my life combined. I saw what the world had to offer outside of my pack. I was not interested.

All I wanted was to find my mate, take her home and never let her out of my sight again.

What I thought was once home was now foreign to me. As I walked down Main Street, I noticed that it looked like a ghost town. I remember it as always bustling with humans, who saw these stores and offices as the center of their world.

Save for a car driving pass and a store keeper sweeping the sidewalk, there was no one else in sight.

My eyes fall on the diner that belongs to the Drazen family. From my spot across the street, I can tell that it's empty and hasn't seen any customers in a long time. The front door is boarded up with wooden planks. Painted on those planks are the words, "RIP Tim and Calix. You will be missed."

I look at it in confusion. I saved Calix's life so why was his name alongside his father's? Calix was now a werewolf and a part of my pack the last time I was here. Although, the last time I was here was a long time ago. After seeing my father's body mutilated and hanging from the trees, I ran from here, never looking back until now.

"Monster, monster." The last words my father spoke haunt my every heartbeat. Someone took her. No, something.

I'm so lost in my dark thoughts that I'm completely oblivious to the person creeping up behind me. It's only when a hand reaches out and touches my shoulder do I realize, I'm in trouble. I grab the hand and pull it forward with abnormal strength, sending the body flying over me and landing harshly on the ground.