21| Lycan Pack

The truth is revealed!

Lycan Pack: Alpha Parker

Shay's POV

"Who have you shifted in front of?" Parker asks as soon as he closes his office door behind him.

His voice is serious, more serious than I've ever heard it. It sounds like he's telling me he's going to war.

I think of all the people I've shifted in front of my entire life. I shrug and say, "Just you two and my parents." I turn to Ash. "He told me to only go on runs with him."

Parker frowns at Ash. "How did you find out about this," he asks as he points to me.

"I found her in the woods the day after she arrived, she was hiding behind a tree log in her wolf form."

"Hello," I wave my hand in front of my face. "I'm in the room you know."

Parker walks to his desk and with a sigh he sits down. Moments pass before he looks up to me.

"Did your parents ever tell you why you weren't allowed around other werewolves?"

I think to the message my Dad left for me. He said he will explain everything if I meet up with him. Would he explain that?

"No," I tell him.

"They didn't say anything about their past?" He raises an eye brow, probably not believing me.

"My parents past was just that. Their past, I never thought much of it and I never cared to know," I tell him getting mad. Parker keeps looking at me like I'm a math problem and it's bothering me.

Parker sighs while Ash answers. "We're just curious Shay that's all," he says with a calm voice.

"Curious about what," I yell and stand up from the arm chair. "You keep talking in code and it's making me mad!"

"Shay calm down," Parker orders me. "We're trying to help."

"You aren't helping anything," I scream louder.

From the corner of my eye I see Ash shiver. I turn to him with a questioning look. "It's cold in here." He wraps his arms around himself.

Parker shakes his head. "The air conditioning in the house is messed up, I need to call someone to fix it."

"Can we please get back on track here?" I scream in frustration.

"Shay," Parker says while making his way around the desk to me. "How do I say this?" He looks a lost at words. "Ash help me."

Ash stands up beside Parker to stand in front of me. "Did you parents ever say anything about the color of your fur?"

Confused I say, "No, they didn't."

"Well Shay," Ash lays a hand on my shoulder but pulls it away after Parker growls at him. "You're different from any wolf I've ever seen."

"To ever exist," Parker corrects.

"What are you guys talking about?"

With a look of concern Ash says, "Shay, you're fur is red."

A moment of silence echoes through the room as both men stare at me expectantly.

"So," I draw it out.

Parker runs his hands through his hair frustrated. "It's bright red, all of it, as bright as blood."

"What's the problem?"

"That's not normal Shay." Parker looks at me with a worried look. "I don't think your parents were hiding themselves, I think they were hiding you."