25| Crown Pack

Before you read this chapter...

1: thank you for voting for this book even though you voted for the other copy! It really means a lot to me! I'm surprised at the amount of votes it already has!

2: I'm running short on the chapters that I have stacked up to update (there's only like 2 left) but I don't want to stop updating for you guys all together so I'm going to start doing Votes/comments for updates just so I don't run out of chapters to give you guys. They will be posted at the end of each chapter and don't worry cause they won't be that hard to reach.

3: if you didn't already know this book will contain 100 chapters and it has a sequel! (Plus a bonus story with about 20 chapters, a prequel, and a spin off series) I know I might be getting a head of myself but I love this idea so much! There's so much to tell!

4: please know that this chapter contains mature themes and is not to be taken lightly. I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable so please read at you own risk.

Crown pack: Alpha Robert

Ronan's POV

My paws hit the ground creating a soothing rhythm. It's the only calming thing going on around me right now.

Blood is covering the tips of my fur, dead bodies are lying in the distance behind me including my own sister and now smoke fills the air.

Once I get a whiff of the smoke I start running faster. In no time I'm standing in front of the burning Council cabin.

I told them having their cabin in my woods was a bad idea.

I shift into my human form when I see a distressed Isaac walking towards me. His hair is in tangles around his head and his shirt and pants are torn. There's blood splattered on his face and hands.

I let myself feel proud of him for fighting so well tonight, but only for a few seconds.

He hands me a pair of jeans while saying, "They're all dead, the humans. We carried every body we could find and put them in the basement. Even our own," he says somberly. "We turned on the gas and when you say the word we will throw the torches in. There will be no evidence this night ever happened."

"How many of ours," I ask, even though I don't want to know the answer. One death from our pack is hard enough to deal with but I know there was more than that.

"Five sir."

I take a deep breath trying to calm my wolf. We will mourn for them later. Right now I have to find someone.

"And Cora?" I can only hope that she's somewhere safe with that human boy. If he kept her safe for this long then I'll think about not killing him for kissing her.

"No one has found her sir." Isaac looks down to ground to avoid any eye contact. "But we found the human boy still alive in the basement."

I reach out and grab Isaac by the throat, maintaining eye contact. I notice people all around staring us down but they're stupid if they interfere while I'm this angry. "What do you mean you found him here? He was supposed to be with Cora! He was supposed to keep her safe!"

"He did," says a voice.

I turn to see Milo standing beside me, his arms crossed, his fingers and chin covered in blood. He looks between Isaac and I with disappointment. I huff and drop him, letting him fall to the ground, gasping for air.