24| Crown Pack

Crown Pack: Alpha Robert

Calix's POV

I spot the cabin up ahead, between the trees. It wasn't that long ago when my Dad brought me here and told me everything there was to know about werewolves.

Now she's laying in my arms unconscious after she fainted from seeing her boyfriend shift into a wolf in mid-air. When she wakes up nothing will be the same. Her whole life will be turned upside down.

How am I supposed to explain this to her? Maybe I should wait for Ronan to find us. He'll explain everything to her as he should. He is her mate after all.

I humorlessly laugh at the thought of mates. I think that was the hardest part to get used to when my father told me about werewolves. At least I heard the myths of werewolves but I never knew such a thing as soul mates actually existed. My body always shivers whenever I think about them. The thought of someone being able to feel what you feel no matter the distance between you two is just creepy. But what really affects me is the idea of your so called soul mate being taken away from you.

I kissed Cora to make Ronan mad, to make him shift so that Cora could see him for what he really is. But then I realized how much she loved that man, and I knew that I had done the wrong thing once I saw the agony written across her face after he had ran away. I never should have kissed her. I should have let her and Ronan be happy. I should have let Ronan tell her himself and none of this would have happened. 

I carry Cora in my arms up to the cabin and try my best to open the door. After jostling Cora in my arms in an awkward position I get my hand around the knob and turn it. Thank God it's unlocked. I lay Cora down on the small tattered green couch that has seen to many years of sun rays.

"Who are you?" A gruff voice asks behind me.

I turn to see a large man with graying hair standing at the entry to the hallway. His arms are crossed showing his muscles and his eyes cold.

"Calix. Tim's son."

He looks from me to Cora sleeping on the couch and back to me. "What's wrong with her?"

"She fainted. I needed to bring her here."

"Why here?" He asks raising his voice and taking a step closer to me. I can see the suspicion in his eyes as he looks at me.

"Because it's safe for her here. Please will you get my father, I need him."

He's the only person I trust in this 'council' or town anymore. I know he would keep Cora safe if I ask him to.

The man spends almost five minutes looking from me to Cora. Finally before it gets even more awkward he nods his head and walks out without a word.

Confused I kneel down to make sure Cora is still asleep. Once I know for sure she isn't waking up I wander around the house. Her tall body doesn't fit on the small couch. She needs an actual bed to rest so she doesn't get cramped up. I find a room downstairs with a single bed and a few pieces of furniture. I carry her down the stairs and carefully lay her on the mattress.

An hour later the man comes back to tell me my father will come when she wakes up. Another hour passes when Cora finally wakes up.

 Another hour passes when Cora finally wakes up