39| Red Moon Pack

RED MOON PACK: ALPHA ZELUS

ZELUS'S POV

At the age of fifteen, I became the youngest Alpha in one hundred years.

A pack on the border of Canada had a dispute with my father, over the simple subject of land. Our pack stood our ground, refusing to give up any inch of it to an Alpha in another country. I stood by my father through it all, the meetings, the phone calls, the visits. He was teaching me to become the greatest Alpha I could be by getting firsthand experience.

That's why I witnessed my parents get shot in the back by cowards during a meeting that was supposed to ally our packs.

They let me go free, but that was their second mistake. Their first was killing my mother and father.

I ran home and told my pack what happened. I stood my ground with them and told them I would be their greatest Alpha. Our pack would become stronger and fiercer. Nobody would dare mess with us anymore.

They believed me, they had no choice, especially after the Canadian pack stormed our lands. At the age of fifteen, months after my first shift, I killed their Alpha. We took out every wolf with power in their blood and their title.

Now that pack belongs to me.

I learned how to be a leader when I young. I learned to be a killer far before my age.

The day my parents died was the day I died too. I was thrown into the fire, but rose from those ashes into someone else, someone greater. I quit school and was taught by my elders on important subjects I would need to know. I started to train with the best fighters in the pack for hours every day until I could beat them all. I set up a list of strict rules and made sure everyone lived by them.

Soon, our pack wasn't seen as weak any longer. We strived and rose beyond what anyone could imagine. Now our pack is the strongest in the country and no one dares to cross us.

I've been strong for so long that I forgot what it felt like to be anything else. But since she arrived, my walls of stone have crumbled and slowly I'm losing my control.

I can hardly keep any food down. I can't sleep more than a couple hours at night. I can't look at myself in the mirror, knowing she's locked down there suffering. Because of me.

I have to keep reminding myself that I had to do it for the strength of the pack though. If they think I've become weak, then they'll slowly lose respect for me and without that, than the pack will fall.

It's been three weeks and I feel my resolve falling apart. I want to release her, but I have no reason why that will make my pack will stand by my side.

I shouldn't have been so rash and promised two months in the dark abyss we call a basement.

I can hear her now. She's singing a soft tune of a song I don't recognize. She sings it often, almost all day every day. I think it's the only thing keeping her sane.