52| Phoenix Pack

Phoenix Pack: Alpha Ronan

Ronan's POV

I watch in the corner of the room as children that haven't even shifted yet were tackling grown men to the ground in hoards. The youngest was only five years old and even she had a small silver knife on her. It was covered in plastic at the moment for training purposes, but if the real deal came she would be prepared. All of these children would.

We needed every last one of them.

Somehow the basement of the supermarket has been shifted into a training facility. There was a firing range for members above the age of the thirteen to learn how to aim and shoot properly. There were potato sacks in one corner for knife throwing and defense training. In the center was a painted circle for one on one practices.

I looked around at the children's parents who were all training in one area or the other. The part that caught my eye the most was the designated space for the bo staff. I didn't know what it was until Wire showed me it the day before, and since then I've been interested.

It's a mix of martial arts and weaponry, with a long wooden stick. It doesn't look dangerous until the right person uses it and it can become a deadly weapon.

A whistle blowing suddenly had everyone stop in their movements and head towards the doors. Wire and I were left alone for a solid three seconds in the big space before the doors opened again and a crowd of young members came barreling through.

"You guys are ten minutes early," Wire said, standing in front of the crowd. "Again."

My sister, Raini, who seemed to be the leader of the crowd, stood at the head of it. "Well we're eager to train," she told her mate with a hand on her hip.

"I'm glad you are all so excited to learn," I told the crowd who looked at me with wide eyes. It's still odd to me that the people I used to call my friends now look at me like I'm the God of the universe. "But since you came early for the second time in a row that means you'll have to deal with the spit and sweat and blood of the people before you. The old and the kids."

"Don't forget pee," Wire cut in. "The little ones still don't really know how to handle their bladder when their adrenaline is rushing."

A few members scrunched their noses up in disgust, but none of them left. If any of them dared to make a move for the door I would have met them half way and rammed their face into the cement ground. If they can't handle a couple germs how will the handle a war?"

"Well let's get started," Wire said, clapping his hands. "All females under the age of twenty will come with me to the mats. I'll be teaching you guys one on one combat, the way I learned."

A few deep growls from the crowd erupted.

"You aren't touching my mate," said one male.

"I'll rip out every one of your claws before I let them get anywhere near my female," said another.

Raini rolled her eyes, walking away from the crowd. "All females under twenty come with me to the mats. I'll teach you all what Wire and my brothers have taught me."

As a portion of the crowd left, Wire was left stunned and without a clue as to what to do. "So uh..."

"Why don't you show the young males how to shoot a gun? And the rest of the females how to throw knives," I asked.

"What he said. Come along now," Wire said, leading half the group to one side of the room.

"What about us Alpha," asked Adam, my old friend.