41| Lycan Pack

Full series covers/titles are at the bottom!

Lycan Pack: Alpha Parker

Shay's POV

I stare at the picture in front of me, not quite believing it. My finger softly glides over the smooth surface, running along the lines of the face I see.

"Congratulations," Parker exclaims, leaving my side to go to his friend. I finally look up from the ultra sound picture to rest my eyes on Ash. Parker and he embrace in a friendly hug. I can see the way Ash's eyes are brighter, clearer.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. We wanted to reach the second trimester before anyone knew."

"But it's the third trimester now," I tell him.

Ash gives me a lopsided grin before looking over at his mate with heart eyes. "Yeah, but we really enjoyed having this kept to ourselves. We didn't need our parents hounding us on how to be pregnant."

Ivy doesn't acknowledge me, not that she has since she stepped into the room. Parker pulls her into a quick hug which only lasts a couple seconds and he makes sure to keep the distance between them far enough apart.

I finally stand up from the couch, leaving the black and white photo on the coffee table. "Well I'm happy for you Ash." I go up to him and pull him in for a hug. Only a second later the sound of a ferocious growl springs us apart.

I look at Ivy incredulously, as she keeps her teeth bared in a threat.

Ash runs to her side, pulling her to his chest. "I'm sorry," he says to me, "it's only because of the pregnancy. She isn't usually this territorial."

"Is she usually this stupid," my father asks.

All eyes fall on him, shocked at his choice of words. Ivy begins to growl, but one sign of his sharp canines has her backing up in fear. I smirk at the woman as my Dad comes to stand at my side. He's nearly six feet and a half and weighs over two hundred pounds of pure muscle. She should be frightened.

"My daughter is your Luna," he sneers at her. "It's about time you start treating her like it or you won't like the repercussions."

"Are you threatening my mate," Ash asks boldly.

My Mom chuckles darkly, showing up on my other side. "My mate doesn't use threats. He uses promises."

Ash flexes his jaw, positioning his scared pregnant mate behind him. Parker stands between us all, his head feeling the pressure as the tension pounds against him on either side.

Finally, he turns towards me, preparing to side with Ash and Ivy. He doesn't get the chance before my parents both take a step forward, challenging him to do so.

"You should remember that Shay is your mate. You protect her and side with her, no matter what. Like your Gamma is doing now." He glares at Parker, of whom he still hasn't opened up to; especially after he learned of his past lover. "One of these days, a powerful force is going to come for her. Either you're on her side or not. Choose wisely, or I'll kill you."