44| Red Moon Pack

Oh good lordddd I do not think you guys are ready for this chapter! You will want to murder Zelus afterwards, more so then you already do!

Red Moon Pack: Alpha Zelus

Asena's POV

I awake to a new day, a new world; just I have been doing for the past week. The sun has not presented itself yet. It used to always rise in the morning to greet me, to shine its light upon me, but now it seems as though the moon offers me more comfort than anything.

I look at the luminescent ball of light in the dark sky beyond the windows in front of me. It's low on the horizon, making way for the sun to make an appearance in a couple hours. Minute by minute the moon begins to disappear, but my fears cease as I remember that it will not leave me. Even during the brightest hours of the day I will see the moon in the sky, struggling to keep its only flame alight while such a stronger fire weakens it.

I tilt my head to the side, watching Alpha Zelus breathe in and out in his sleep. His hand is sprawled across my stomach, but it does not offer me comfort. It is why I am awake so early, like I am every morning.

Always, he falls asleep on his side of the bed, not daring to touch me. But somehow throughout the night his body gets closer and closer to mine, until his skin is burning me. I always wake when I feel that uncomfortable heat spread across my skin.

I slide out of bed, under from his large calloused hand. I tip toe over to the bathroom, closing the door as silently as I can. I turn on the shower and shed my clothes that hang from my frame. Clothes this size used to hug my curves that I was grateful for, but now I have no curves to speak of. I eat as Alpha Zelus commands, but my body only accepts the food it needs to stay alive, not to stay healthy.

My body is rejecting not only the food, but Alpha Zelus as well. He can feel it; I see it in the way his eyes soften as they're placed upon me. I notice how he doesn't touch me unless he needs to, or when he's unaware of it. This is hurting him as well, even more so since I will not admit to it. I am his obedient Luna now, just as he wished for, except not in the way he wanted.

Every day has been the same. I fall asleep with multiple feet between us, I awake when I feel his skin upon me, then I sneak into the shower, and get lost in my own mind. When the water drenches me in its cold touch my mind fades away from me and I let it. It's the only peace I have all day, in order to start the twenty four hours that will be spent by his side, listening to his orders, playing the obedient Luna. 

Until the water turns my skin into a shriveled mess, I lay my head against the tile with my eyes closed. One minute I'm standing in the shower, the heat of it still strong, and then the next my skin will be unidentifiable and the water will be as cold as ice.

I do not know why I'm blacking out so often, in random intervals of the day, but I do not complain. It seems to be the only source of peace I have.

I exit the shower, wrapping a thick robe around my body and my hair. I accidently catch my eyes in the reflection of the mirror, and as much as I want to look away, I can't.

I don't recognize the dull eyes staring back at me, or my sunken in cheeks, or my prominent collar bones. This is not who I am, this is who he has created.

I was thrown into the fire and I was burned, leaving nothing but ashes.

When I walk into the bedroom, heading for the closet, Alpha Zelus is sitting up in bed, his back against the head board, making me wonder how long he has been awake. Like every other day he stares ahead out the window and I ignore him.

I disappear into the closet, relieved to be free of his presence. It won't get easier throughout the day.

As I finish pulling up my tights underneath my dress, I feel a presence behind me. I stand still, my back to him as he stands at the only exit of the closet.