3| Crown Pack

Word count: 5723

Wait for the twist...;)

Crown Pack: Alpha Robert

Cora's POV

"What can I get for you?"

I take my eyes off the menu behind the young guy and tell him my order. He smiles warmly at me, showing a dimple on the right side of his cheek. I nearly swoon.

"Sure thing doll," he says with a wink.

"Are you going to take everyone else's orders too or are you just going to stare at her all day?" Calix wraps an arm around my waist and intimidatingly stares the now nervous boy down.

"Sorry man. I didn't know she was your girl."

"Actually I'm-" I begin.

"Mason can you take Cora outside and find us a table? I'll order your food," Calix speaks to Mason without breaking eye contact with the server.

"Here's a good spot," I tell Mason, walking up to one of the only few tables with an umbrella. He follows me, sitting down across from me on the two bench table, and then ensues the beginning of ten minutes of awkwardness.

"Oh crap," he mutters suddenly, the first words he's spoken since we walked into the sub shop.

"What is it?" I turn around to follow his line of sight which is behind me.

"Cora don't," he whispers tensely but I've already seen what he doesn't want me to see. A man and a woman are sitting across the street outside of a coffee shop, their eyes zeroed in on us behind their sunglasses. They don't even bother to look away.

"Who are they?" I ask Mason when I turn around.

His eyes are widened as he looks at me nervously and says, "I don't know."

"You're a horrible liar Mason."

"Oh God what is that thing?" Theo exclaims as he walks out of the door with his eyes squinted shut.

"I believe that's the sun," I laugh and generously take my plate from him.

"I don't remember it being so bright," he mumbles. He takes a seat next to Mason leaving the spot next to me open for Calix.

"Where's Calix?"

Theo looks up at me, a smile curving his lips and his eyes brightening with a secret I don't know. "I think he's in the powder room reapplying his makeup."

"Oh shut up," Calix says, coming out of nowhere and smacking his brother upside the head. He flops down in the seat next to me, a frown permanently on his face.

"What's wrong?" I lay a hand on his shoulder which he stares down at before brushing it off. "What was that for?" I ask insulted.

"Nothing," he says with a cut voice. "I just-" He stops talking to look at me, his eyes boring into my own and seeming to try to read something that's hidden there. He looks on the verge of telling me something, perhaps that the world is ending or he's a Royal Prince, something important. Instead he looks away quickly and spits out, "I have to go do something. Meet me guys later at the spot."

Then he's gone.