5| Lycan Pack

Word count: 5989

Oh how I love plot twists;)

The Lycan Pack: Alpha Parker

Shay's POV

It doesn't take long to find them from their smell surrounding certain parts of the house. I find them, as well as most of the other kids we came here with, in the open sitting area at the bottom of stairs that I passed an hour earlier. They are all hanging out at the end of the long curved couch facing the wall of windows.

As I approach I notice that none of them are speaking to each other. The air seems tense and awkward around them, maybe that's why all the other teenagers are at the opposite end of the couch or sitting on the stairs.

"Who died?" I ask as I look at all their sad faces. All five heads turn immediately towards me at the sound of my voice.

Piper and Jane jump up from the couch and nearly tackle me to the ground. Hunter and Seth come soon after. "We thought you died!" Piper cries into my shoulder. Not really crying but almost.

Well I was going to... I wanted to tell them but decided against it with my better judgment. "I didn't die." I shake it off with a fake laugh. None of them know what I've been through for the past three hours and they don't need too.

All my friends pull away and I take a much needed breath. "Where did you go?"

"Did they do something to you?"

"Are you alright?"

"That guy was hot!"

They all say simultaneously. Jane of course being the boy crazy girl she is asks the last one. I cringe at the thought of Dylan again. I know that if Parker wasn't my mate I would hate him far more than I would ever hate Dylan but I don't have that choice.

"Let's talk about it at dinner. I'm starving." Just as I say that the door behind us opens. It was the door that was locked earlier.

A woman, she-wolf to be exact, walks out in a chef uniform. "Dinner is ready." She says briefly before heading back into the room.

All the teens rush into the room as if their lives depend on it. They must be as hungry as me. When we step into the room I'm shocked to see a single table running the length of the room. There are thirty chairs on each side of the dark wooden table sitting sixty plus the two at each end making sixty two.

"I feel like we're in the Buckingham Palace." Piper takes the words right out of my mouth.

"You are such girls." Hunter mutters walking past me and grabbing my wrist. He leads us to near the front of the table. Since we are the last ones to come in we take the only open seats. It's not right at the front, there are about three seats separating us on each side.

We sit down in order of Hunter, me, Piper on one side and Seth, Jane, and Carter directly in front of us. Scattered around the table are trays of food. Chicken, hotdogs, turkey, ham, salad, every kind of pasta you can imagine and every fruit too.

Everyone starts digging into the food. They dump mountains of food onto their plates trying to get as much as they can. There are also pitchers of water, lemonade, and iced tea on the table. In buckets are random cans of soda. These people really know what teenagers want.

My friends, as well as the rest of the kids start stuffing their faces. I stop mid-way with a fork of tater-tot casserole towards my mouth when the dining room door opens once again. I immediately smell him coming towards me.

Not only Jane but every other girl on the other side of the table, facing the doors stops what they're doing abruptly. I turn around slowly to see that in fact they are staring at Parker. I feel jealousy seep through my veins but it stops when I notice his bright eyes are trained only on me.