47| Lunar Claw Pack

Lunar Claw Pack: Alpha Hudson

Brielle's POV

Alpha Hudson approaches me, his eyes a dangerous color, reminding me of death and suffering.

For every step he takes near me, I take a step back. When my back hits my front door, I speedily turn around, open it, and rush inside. I try to slam it close, but Hudson's hand and foot stops me, keeping it propped open.

His long fingers curl around the wood, as he pushes his way in. I back away from the door in fear, knowing that I cannot protect myself from his anger. I was foolish to think that he wouldn't keep his promise. Now, he's come to collect a life that he's been seeking out for years.

He doesn't bother to close the door behind him. Maybe he wants people to hear my screams; he wants Lincoln to know that he killed his mate. Alpha Hudson doesn't care anymore.

"You were supposed to be gone a week ago," he yells, a vein presenting itself along his neck. "Instead, you show up at my house, for breakfast with my mate!"

He corners me against the kitchen counter, making me whimper in fear. His arms cage me in, giving me no chance of escape. His canines are bared, ready to sink into my neck and take my life.

"You keep returning," he sneers, his spit hitting my face on purpose, "like an irritating rodent. I think it's time that I finally kill you and end this completely."

He reaches out, grabbing a knife off the counter next to him. I whimper in absolute terror as he grips it in his fist. He could easily slit my throat with his claws; he's only using the knife to make my death look like a suicide.

No one will know my true death, my true killer, and that makes this all the more terrifying. I start crying, begging for him to find mercy, which he chuckles darkly at.

He reaches out, gripping his free hand onto my wrist. With a sadistic smile he holds the blade of the knife against my skin, right above my artery. I'll bleed out within minutes, giving me no hope of rescue.

"I should have done this as soon as Lincoln found you. You were nothing but trouble for me, for us," he growls, pressing the blade until he draws first blood. I hysterically cry, knowing this is the end for me. I can't fight back, I'll be no match to his strength. I'm the pack doctor's daughter; my first training priority was to always save a person's life, not to protect my own.

I clench my eyes, not wanting his evil face to be the last one I see. I think of Lincoln's sculpted perfect face in front of me, smiling so wide his eyes crinkle at the sides. I take a deep breath in, trying to imagine his scent instead of the potent smell of my blood.

Morbidly, I think about crying out to him, across our bond, but then I remember that over the years it faded. No longer can he feel my feelings, or my thoughts. I haven't reconnected with him since my arrival back, or anyone for that matter. Even if Lincoln could come in time to save me, he couldn't, because I broke our sacred bond.

As I prepare myself for my death and to be greeted by the Moon Goddess in the Great Forest, the knife's cold metal leaves my skin.

I gasp, afraid to open my eyes. What will be waiting for me if I do?

A deep growl shakes my bones, but still, I do not open my eyes. I have a feeling that his growl is not for me.

"I would bet your life to say that I know how to use my knife, better than you do," sneers a familiar voice.

My eyes snap open, taking in the scene before me in shock.

Nike stands behind Alpha Hudson, arm wrapped around his shoulders, the silver blade of hers threatening to sink into his neck. With her lips against his ear she whispers harshly, "Put it down, or I will cut your throat. You know that I'm capable of killing an Alpha like you."