48| Red Moon Pack

Red Moon Pack: Alpha Zelus

Asena's POV

It's only been a couple days since Octavian has arrived to our pack, but already he is causing everything to shift sideways.

For one, he's been sleeping on the ground floor of Alpha Zelus's house meaning that we are never alone, which is a good thing.

Two, he has caused quite the stir in the pack, people either hate him or love him, and have no problem telling him. Already, he has had to make three different wolves submit to him, because they thought they could challenge him. Mated male wolves won't let their females anywhere near him, fathers have been locking up their own daughters even.

And third, he has made Zelus change completely. No longer does he make me follow him everywhere he goes, or make it obvious that he wants to touch me. He's been keeping his distance from me, spending more time to catch up with his younger brother.

Alpha Zelus is happier now, not wearing his usual blank faced expression that he usually does. Sometimes, I even see him smile, really smile, and it makes my own walls crack. When he shows that side of himself, it reminds me that maybe he isn't so bad after all. Maybe this thing between us could actually work out.

In the morning I wake up to find Alpha Zelus missing from bed, just as he has been since Octavian arrived. They're always in the woods training with each other, coming back with bruises and cuts, and full set grins.

I decide to make breakfast for them when they get home, since I know they'll be hungry. If there isn't food set out in front of them then they'll take whatever they can find in the fridge, usually the stuff I like.

I set their plates of food down on the breakfast table at the same time they walk through the back door.

"Have you been cooking," Zelus asks, looking stunned as he walks inside, his brother tailing behind him. Both of course, have bruised faces that will heal by the end of the day. I notice blood on Zelus's neck, above his mark that I gave him. Octavian must have taken control for a bit, that's probably why he's wincing as he walks.

"Yeah," I smile slightly, not having to force it. If Zelus is as nice as he's been to me since Octavian has arrived, then I want to try with him, like he has been with me.

"I've made breakfast for you two. Eggs, fruit, sausages, bacon, ham, and every other piece of meat I could find in the fridge that would sound good for the morning." The toaster shoots out four pieces of golden brown toast. I smile back at the two brothers who are looking at their plates in hunger. "And toast. I'll get you cups of water too."

They dig into their food as I fill up two full glasses of water for them. I place it in front of them both. Octavian smirks and winks at me, like he has been for the past couple of days. I've noticed that he's always joking around with people he likes, but when someone nears him that definitely doesn't have his favor, Octavian's entire mood will change like the flick of a light switch.

I look over at my mate, watching the way his strong jaw moves back and forth as he eats. I have a sudden urge to kiss that jaw of his, and work my way down. All of the sudden, Zelus stops chewing and his eyes land on me.

I swallow my fear, realizing I've been caught. I didn't realize that I let my guard down, letting him into my thoughts. That only happens when I'm weak, and I haven't been in weeks.

Octavian muffles his cough, catching both of our attentions. "Thank you Asena," he murmurs with a mouth full of food. "It's really good."

"Thank you," I smile genuinely. "Would you like more bacon?" I look at his plate, noticing there isn't any left. Quickly, he swipes the remaining three pieces from Zelus's plate.