19| Lycan Pack

I'm so excited that it's starting to pick up!😁

Lycan Pack: Alpha Parker

Shay's POV

"Have you spoken to Alpha Ryan recently Parker," Jacob asks as I put another slice of turkey on my plate.

I look up when Parker doesn't respond to find him looking at me strangely.

"Parker," his father calls him again.

He finally turns to his Dad. "No I haven't found the time."

"I'm sure he would be very happy to hear about the new addition to the pack," Jacob says while smiling towards me. I return his warm smile with my own, it's impossible not to.

"I'm sure he would." Parker takes my hand in his under the table. I'm thankful that he's respecting my wishes to hide our relationship from my friends. I look down the table to see the three boys all engrossed in a conversation while Jane looks down at her food sadly.

"Perhaps he can come up for your birthday in September and meet Shay then," Eve proposes making my attention turn back on the conversation.

"Then you can meet Asena as well." Parker tells me before lifting his fork to his mouth. On his plate are only things that I've cooked, I don't know how he knows what I cooked and didn't cook, probably from his mom but it makes me smile.

"Asena? That's a beautiful name. Is Asena his mate," I ask confused. I know Alpha Ryan is the alpha of Summit Pack and Parker's closest friend, but I don't remember anything about him having a mate; I thought Parker said he hasn't found his yet.

All four of them shake their heads in unison.

"Asena is a friend of his. She means a lot to him," Parker tells me with a hidden smile.

I can't but feel like the way he and Evan are looking at me that there's some sort of joke behind this all.

"She is a very sweet girl that one. It's impossible not to love her," Jacob tells me ignoring his son's smirk.

"Although," Parker's face grows serious, "a lot of members from her own pack don't see the appeal." Parker continues once he sees the confusion written on my face. "Her father is human making her the weakest wolf in the pack. She's an Omega. She didn't even shift until she was seventeen. She was bullied a lot throughout her life from other members, until she became friends with Ryan. Ever since then the bullying has ceased."

"The Alpha befriended her? That's so sweet of him," I coo. Alpha's don't sound so bad after all now.

"But Ryan is still very strict. He's taken his title very seriously ever since we were kids. The only time I've seen him really laugh ever since he's shifted was when Asena was around. She's a little," Parker pauses thinking hard on the word. "Well I suppose since she didn't have many friends growing up she doesn't know how to socialize very well. She's a little too immature for a girl her age."

"She's not immature Parker," Jacob scolds his son. "She's just more fun and laughs more than people her age do. You can't say you don't like her."

Parker nods his head. "She is very amusing to watch. I've never spoken to her before because she's always too afraid to speak to me."

"That's because you never welcome her with a smile, you're especially closed off around her," Eve retorts.

"That's because I know if Ryan gets the wrong idea he might just start a war over that girl," Parker defends himself against his parents who seem to love this Asena girl.