45| Lycan Pack

Lycan Pack: Alpha Parker

Shay's POV

He did this. Octavian, the Alpha of the rogues did this. He killed my mother.

That is all I can think of as members of the pack throw dirt over her grave. It is all I have been thinking of since I found her dead body, two days ago.

Parker holds my hand in his, keeping me tethered to this world, but even he is not that strong.

Tears stream down my face as my father gives up. He turns on his heel, shifting in his giant of a wolf, and he runs in any direction that will lead him away from his mate's funeral. I look on helpless as his figure slowly grows smaller and smaller, then disappears down a hill.

A sob escapes my lips, and I have to turn into Parker's chest to find comfort. I grip onto his shirt with clenched fists, my claws extending to dig into my palms, ripping his clothing. He wraps his other arm around me, holding me to him, hiding me from the world, the sorrow it brings, the pain I feel.

I want to stop crying, but even if I could control myself, I don't think I would. This heartbreaking pain I feel, it's the only thing I have left of her. She deserves it, she deserves for her daughter to mourn for her. Everyone deserves to have someone mourn their death.

Parker pulls me away from the gathering. They are not here for me, their Luna, they're here for their former pack member who has returned to them, only to be taken again in such a tragic way. We pass families with tears in their eyes, frowns on their faces, and their eyes full of sorrow.

My mother was loved by all, how could she not be? She was kind, and smart, and powerful, and always thought for other people. So why was she taken from me?

We reach the front porch of his house, but I can't bring myself to ascend the stairs. I can't go back in there. The memories are too much, the pain will break my heart all over again.

I pull away from Parker, shaking my head urgently. He looks at me worried, holding out his hand for me to take again. I want to go back into his arms, where I'll feel safe and loved, but it won't fix anything. His embrace won't bring my Mom back, it won't kill Octavian, it will only let me feel a slither of peace before reality sets back in.

"Shay," he says softly, "come inside. I'll run a bath for us and give you a massage, anything you want." He takes a step forward, and I take a step back. "You want to forget don't you," he murmurs, "I can do that. I can make you forget the pain, the memories, please, let me help."

The last thing on my mind right now is Parker's touch. I don't want him to make me forget her, he won't be able to do that anyways. My Mom is dead and he wants to have sex? He thinks that will help me? How could he possibly think that?

I shake my head once more before turning away and sprinting. He runs after me, trying to catch up. In no time he has me pinned against a tree, keeping me from escaping.

"Don't you dare," he seethes. "You will not run away from me. You won't leave me!" There is a crack in his voice, letting me know that this hurts him too, but he will never feel the pain coursing through me.

I shove him away with more strength than I thought I had. His back hits a tree yards away, even causing  a thick branch to break off by the force. I don't let myself think about how that's possible, even though I can see the question rising in his dazed eyes.

"Please," I cry, begging to him. "Don't follow me. I will return, but I just . . ."

I wait for him to answer me, to let me know that he understands. Minutes later he nods his head reluctantly. I can tell the action makes his heart hurt.

Without another word I run away, not knowing where I'm heading. All I know is that I have to get out of here.

...

Parker's POV

A million feelings race through me as my mate gets swallowed up by the woods. Some of them are pain, confusion, worry, love, anger, sorrow, in no particular order.

They all try to overcome one another as I watch the crystal blue path she leaves behind.

Every step she takes she leaves a footprint in the form of frozen water, but she's completely clueless to it. I look down at my chest, hesitantly unbuttoning the top three buttons. I gasp when I see it.

At the center of my chest, where she laid her hands on me and pushed me away, there is a disformed circle of light blue, like a gem.

Ice.

I fall to my knees, feeling my breath escaping me and my lungs failing to give me life.

I know it's super super short but I didn't want to make it long and have unnecessary details

...
I know it's super super short but I didn't want to make it long and have unnecessary details.

Also I'm sure you guys are all super curious about Shay's Wolf and the stuff that's happening to her but don't worry! Your patience will be well earned in chapter 53, less than 10 chapters away! The truth will come out and you'll understand more about her!

Also if you've seen a bunch of comments with random words and commas, that's because I have an editor! angeleyes729911
She's amazing and helps me out a lot! Go give her a follow or say hello!

That's all for now and see you soon!:)