22| Lycan Pack

Lycan Pack: Alpha Parker

Shay's POV

My eyes snap open to reveal the green scenery beyond the window.

Frightened I sit up quickly and look around the small space of the truck. Sitting beside me is Carter, his hands firmly on the wheel, his jaw clenched in anger.

To my right, out the review mirror is the quick passing of the white divider lines behind us. The green of trees and bushes flies by in a blur, caused by Carter's fast speed. The sky is one big gray blanket, showing it will be raining soon.

Déjà vu racks through me. I only have one second to breathe before the truck takes a sharp turn and a car horn fills my ears.

Using my inhuman speed I reach over to the wheel and yank it quickly to the right into a wall of bushes.

The car hurries past us, their horn still sounding.

My heart beats out of control, our labored breaths fill the small space of the truck.

With a deep breath I lean back into my seat.

"H-how did you do that?" Carter asks after a couple minutes of silence.

"I don't know." I shake my head.

Another couple of minutes pass by before Carter pulls out of the bushes, a few leaves and branches still attached the front bumper but I know it's better than what could have been stuck to it if I didn't turn the wheel.

Could that have happened? How the hell did I know that car was coming?

The rest of ride home the car is silent and slower on the roads. But it's not in my head.

My brain is racing and screaming in confusion.

What feels like minutes, but I'm sure is an hour from the slow speed Carter is going we pull into the circular drive way.

Carter hands me the keys before jumping out of the car and slamming the door behind him. I watch in wonder as he stalks to the front door, head hung low and a frown on his face.

Before he reaches the front door, it swings open to reveal Parker, bright blue eyes and all but Carter pays no attention to him, nor Parker to him.

Parker's eyes rest on the truck and he runs towards me, he bumps Carter's shoulder in the process.

I open the door and plant my feet on the pavement, not a second after does Parker lift me into his arms and plant his lips on mine. His tongue fights for dominance which I'm weak enough to give him.

My head throbs still, my body feels heavy but my head feels light.

He pulls away leaving me gasping for air.

He growls one word before my legs give out under me and I sink into his embrace, my vision turning black. "Mine."

...

My ears accommodate with my awakening but my eyes are too tired to open.

"He should be here with her." Says a deep voice.

"He's dealing with his Dad at the moment," says another familiar one, but I can't point who's voice it is. Everything sounds muffled, like I'm behind a wall of glass or a wall.

"What is he going to do to him? Kill him?"

"By how mad he got? I wouldn't be surprised," speaks a third higher voice.

"Ivy!"

"What? He had every right to be mad, we're all thinking it. His mate cheated on him for gods sakes. The Alpha deserves to kill the bastard and leave her."