11| Crown Pack

Word count: 3352

Crown Pack: Alpha Robert

Ronan's POV

I keep my eyes on the rouge's back as we find our way to the road that leads into town. J.J. found his own way home while Milo, Noah, and I began to drag the rouge Beta to his punishment. My father left the first chance he got, probably preparing my own punishment for me.

The Beta hasn't tried anything yet but I still don't trust him, that's why I broke both his arms so he won't be able to shift. He can't outrun all three of us in his human form and he knows that. That's why his head is bowed as he walks with his hands hanging limp by his sides. Waiting on the road a little whiles down is the Sheriff's car, blocking the road off so humans won't get any closer to the situation then they should be.

I spot the aging man in his front seat, his glasses covering more than half his face. I know he doesn't like me or the rest of the pack that has habited his town for generations. But he's in the works with us, meaning if we need him to do something for us that will keep his people safe, he has to do it.

I nod my head at him letting him know that the situation is handled. He doesn't bother to give me any other kind of recognition before he turns his car on and drives back towards town.

"I'm going home," I tell Milo and Noah. I don't have to tell them that I'm going home to see Cora, they already know that.

Milo smirks at me slyly. "Don't have too much fun without me. We'll put him where the others are." He nods towards the rogue Beta.

I leave them to bring Dylan to where the other two prisoners are. One is a rouge who came across our lands two years ago, only sixteen and not a real threat. The reason why he isn't dead is because he bowed in submission and was willing to die without a fight. My father didn't like that so he's been waiting for the moment until the rouge finds some fight in him before he'll kill him.

The other is an older member of ours who had the stupid idea to try and kill my father. He's been in lock up for twelve years now, hanging on the last bit of life.

It's not very long before I reach my home. I'm eager to see Cora and continue what we started. Just imagining her lips has me running up the porch stairs and slamming open the door in excitement. But as soon as I step through the threshold I know something is wrong.

Cora's gone.

Calix's POV

Calix's POV

I've never been stalked before and I didn't like the feeling.

The young brunette from the diner who paid for the abandoners meals has been following my trail for twenty minutes now. I'm pretty confident that she didn't need to go into any of the three stores I have walked into since I left the diner. Whoever this girl is she's terrible at stalking and hasn't done it before. I don't know if that should make me feel better or worse.