34| Lycan Pack

Lycan Pack: Alpha Parker

Shay's POV

I awake up in the late morning with the smell of my father's cooking filling my nostrils. I smile and throw the covers off of me.

Sure, there were some bad parts about my parents coming to live with Parker and I, one being not able to get a second of privacy with my mate before my father would come to interrupt. But there were good parts too, like having my Dad cook us breakfast every morning.

I'm almost out of bed when a hand shoots out, latching onto my wrist.

"Don't go down there," Parker mumbles, lifting his head from under the covers. His eyes are still closed and his words are jumbled together since he can't bother to lift his lips more than half a centimeter apart.

"If I don't go down there then he will come up here, and you don't want that to happen again do you?"

Parker opened his eyes to glare at me. "No," he growled.

I smiled and leaned over, kissing his quickly on his cheek. "Come down when you're ready and then we'll go for a run, just you and me. No parents, I promise."

His lips began to lift at the edges in a hint of a smile. "I'm holding you to that, because if not I'm just going to throw in the towel and not care if your Dad hears you screaming my name or not."

I roll my eyes and throw the blanket back over his head. "Don't let him hear you talk like that. He already doesn't like you."

"For no reason might I add," he grumbles, his voice muffled from the blanket.

"You're mated to his only child, that is his reason."

...

I shift back into my human form, very aware of Parker running after me. I hastily put on my clothes, giggling all the way. I manage to get my shirt over my shoulders as soon as Parker's wolf tackles me to the ground. He turns at the last second, letting me fall on top of him.

I laugh and shove him away, standing to my feet. I look into his pure ice blue eyes that belong purely to his wolf.

My wolf hums at the back of our mind, loving that her mate can be so affected by her.

"You have no restraint around her do you," I ask his wolf, winking at him in amusement.

He growls, his eyes lighting up in joy as he prowls forward, preparing to pounce. He gets one foot away before he turns on his side and lands belly up, his paws hanging in the air with his tongue sticking out while looking at me upside down.

To see Parker's wolf so carefree like a pup is very different from when I lost saw it, when he lost control and chased me around his bathroom. I know it has everything to do with my wolf. The second Parker saw her while we were both in wolf form had Parker's wolf taking control of him automatically. I was surprised by the quick and sudden action but after he laid down and watched us carefully, whining every other second I realized that he didn't want to hurt us, he just wanted to play. I let my wolf take control and together they ran through the woods for two hours.

I think it's safe to say that my wolf has Parker's wrapped around her finger.

"Shay," my father calls from the back porch. I look over at him to see him standing with his arms crossed across his giant chest and a look of pure anger upon his face. I wince, realizing we were gone much longer than we said we would be.

I look back at Parker's wolf, sighing when I see him growling in my father's direction. I reach out and gently run my fingers through his fur, under his ear. He comes undone at my touch and leans toward me, nearly sending me to the ground.