15| Crown Pack

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT

Crown Pack: Alpha Robert

Cora's POV

I don't see Ronan until late the next morning when I wake up and venture into his room, well guest room, and find him sound asleep. He snores softly and his eyes flutter as he dreams. He's lying on his stomach and has a pillow clutched to his side.

I can't help but stare at him in awe of his beauty. Since when I did I become so lucky as to find such a handsome man who cares for me? I must have done something right in my past life.

I gently shake his shoulder, prodding him awake. His eyes slowly open, landing on me immediately.

"Good morning sleepy head," I murmur. "Do you want me to make you breakfast?"

"No," he mumbles, reaching out and grabbing my waist. In one quick movement he has me on the bed beside him, replacing the pillow he was cuddling.

I giggle and whine his name. "We have to wake up."

"Why," he murmurs, sinking his head into the crook of my neck. "I want to stay in bed with out all day."

"All day? Don't you have a job to do?"

"I don't feel good," he groans, holding onto me tighter.

"You don't," I ask, resting a hand on his forehead. "You don't have a fever."

"I hurt my back last night," he mumbles into my shoulder.

"I'm sorry," I wince, "is there anything I can do?"

"I just need to rest for the day. Will you stay with me?"

"Of course," I tell him, maneuvering myself so my face is next to his. I plant a soft kiss on his lips before curling up against him, wary to steer clear of his back.

For the next couple days Ronan spends the majority of time in bed, only getting up when he absolutely has to. No matter how many times I ask he won't let me see his back. I don't want to irritate him so I stop asking eventually.

A week passes and Ronan feels lot better. We take a couple walks throughout the day since Ronan knows how much I love the forest surrounding his house. He cooks me breakfast every morning and for dinner every night he takes me some place new to eat. With every day that passes I can feel myself falling harder and harder in love with him but I'm scared.

I'm leaving in a month to go back to Arizona. As much as I want to stay I know I can't. I have a life back there, friends, my Mom, and school. I won't leave that all behind because of a boy I meet, even though he's turning into my first love.

"We're here," Ronan tells me, parking the car in yet again another unfamiliar parking lot. I expect our dinner to be like the rest he's taken me to for the past week, fancy and expensive, but then I see the golden arches.

"McDonalds," I laugh. "Really?"

He shrugs his shoulders, getting out of the car. "It's the only restaurant we haven't been to yet in town. I'm running out of ideas."

I wait for him to open my door since it seems to be his favorite thing. When he helps me get down out of his truck I say, "You know . . . this might be my favorite place you've taken me to so far."

He smiles widely at me. "Good. I didn't want you to think I was trying to be rude or not romantic."

I lean up on my tip toes and kiss his lips softly. "This is perfect. Thank you." My hand tingles the entire way into the building as he holds it with his own. Even though I'm hundreds of miles away from home I feel like I belong here, with Ronan, and his hand clasped in mine.