"I'm fine"

It had now been a week or so since Helena had practically chucked Dominic out of the house. The minute she realised that it was all truly over and that he had taken all his clothes and essentials out of their home, their home they helped build together she was straight on the liquor. It was scary just how much she relied on it this past week, it was horrible that every time she sobered up she felt the pain and hurt rise back up inside her. She loved that stupid man. Dominic was her husband, her friend and now he was truly gone. Probably now staying with Rebecca or at one of London's finest hotels.

Sitting in the living room, nursing a glass of white wine Helena sat silently watching whatever rubbish was on TV not really paying attention as she had finished a bottle already which had made her rather tired and tipsy, Alcohol was the only thing she needed now, that and a few cigarettes every now and again that she would hide from the children. She had quit years ago for health reasons and for the children sake as they hated to see her with a cigarette in her hand. Not only that, but she was wearing thin, she hadn't had a proper meal since last week. She would just snack every now and then, and even that wasn't enough. Anybody who was so lucky to have seen her within this last week would be a fool not to notice the dramatic changes. She had locked herself away upstairs in her bedroom and occasionally would come down to see the children. Helena had hired in a Nanny in for the time being to look after them while she was going through this state of depression. She just couldn't be herself with Billy and Nell, not after she had to tell them that she had kicked their father out of the house.

Letting out a shaky sigh Helena finished of the remainders in her glass before picking up the house telephone just to the side of where she was sitting on the sofa to dial a very familiar number. She had just remember that it was Billy's birthday in two days time and had promised him a huge surprise.

Clearing her throat as Johnny Depp's voice answered the other side Helena gave a weak smile down the receiver. "Johnny its me" she began trying to focus her drowsy eyes on the TV screen she had just muted to talk.

"Hellie, I'm so happy you rang me, is everything alright? I was gonna come and check on you..." the sound of his truly concerned voice warmed her heart a little that at least someone out their still cared about her. "I'm fine" she lied. "L-listen, I...I was meant to thank you for the other night...." her voice was slurred and Johnny couldn't help but notice this straight away on the other end. "You know its fine Hel, I wanted to make sure you were alright" he explained suddenly hearing a few sniffles coming from her end. She wasn't alright, she was crying he could hear her.

"Helena are you ok" he said softly hearing her clear her throat before responding. "Yes, sorry it was just such a sweet thing for you to do, I feel bad that I have to ask you for a favour when really I-I should be the one giving you the favour" maybe it was the wine that was making her blabber or maybe just because she was upset, but even so she still sounded so fragile and broken.

"What do you need?" he asked

"Well, you see It's Billy's birthday on Sunday and it's a pirate themed party were having here at the house with a couple of his school friends....and I was just wondering..." she said just before Johnny cut her off. "If I could come as Jack Sparrow?" he interjected making her smile sweetly even though he couldn't see her. "Only if you have the time to do so, I'll pay you of course" she said to which she heard him chuckle "Don't be ridiculous its a favour for a friend, what time do you want me there on Sunday?" he asked getting a pencil and pad ready to jot this all down.

"3:00? are you sure this is alright Johnny? it will only be a small gathering with a couple of parents from the school as well, it would mean so much to Billy" she continued on to be cut of by him again "Hel its fine, it will give me a chance to see you as well" he said and in someways Helena was happy that he couldn't see the blush that suddenly came over her cheeks, either that or the wine was taking its toll. "Thank you" she whispered sweetly "Are you sure your alright though? your not alone at the house?" his worry was sincere, he didn't want for her to be alone right now. Not when the paper would be realising their break up so soon.    

"I'm fine" she lied again with a sad smile. "Thank you Johnny" she finished sweetly before saying her goodbyes and placing down the receiver. Letting out a rather loud sigh Helena picked up the TV remote and switched of the picture making the room even darker then it already was. It was late, and even she could begin to feel her eyes drifting shut. "Mum" Billy's voice suddenly filled the room making her jump slightly as she turned her head to see him standing in his PJ's with his head round the door sheepishly. "Come in love"

The worried expression on his face as he noticed the empty bottle on the floor and now empty wine glass in her hand made Billy gulp nervously at how his mum was looking. Not that she could see what effect this was having on him. "It's late" he said watching as she seemed so motionless just sitting with her legs curled up to her on the sofa and the way her stare seemed to focus ahead on nothing. "I know sweetie" she whispered this time slowly looking at Billy, his face was full of worry and slight anger for what his father had obviously been putting her through.

Climbing up beside her Billy nestled in under her arm and ran his little arms around her stomach "I love you" he whispered shutting his eyes against her chest letting his head rise and fall with every breathe she took in and released. The sudden spring of tears in her eyes after hearing her little boy say that made her want to burst into a sea of tears. She hadn't cried properly, not really anyway. She had tears but she had not yet let them flow out, she had not had a proper cry, Helena had been holding it in every-time.

"I love you too Billy, so much darling" she kissed the top of his head as her hand traced through his hair lovingly and soothingly. "please stop drinking mum...Don't do this just because of him" he was getting wiser and wiser everyday. He understood more than anyone the pain she was feeling, he hated to see her like this and because of this he hated his father with a passion. She was wasting away and it killed him to see her going through this amount of suffering. He knew just how much love she had for him, knew how much she would sacrifice just to make him happy. Billy didn't have to know the true reason of why there mum kicked him out, it must of been something really awful because in the past there were so many things that any ordinary woman would have left her husband for. The times he would come stumbling home drunk and then crash on the couch, the times he would be seen flirting with other women in public, not to mention the time he was spotted kissing some blonde in a local night club. Helena practically ignored all these things because she loved him to much to actually see that they were real, that he was truly doing all of this behind her back. 

Billy didn't really understand why his mum hadn't left him sooner, he was curious to know what on earth he had done this time to finally get the boot, but of course he wouldn't ask her. Not when she was in this state.

Placing the empty wine glass on the table Helena tilted her head up slightly so that the stupid tears that were begging to come out would just go away. She didn't want to cry, especially in front of Billy. "I'm sorry...I'll stop sweetie" she said tilting her head back down to kiss him sweetly on the head.

"Come on, time for bed" she said as if shaking all her thoughts to focus on her children, she had to get out of this depression for their sake, she had to think about them before anyone. They were the most important ones here in this situation. They were the ones that mattered most. 

A/N: Hellooo everyone one, sorry this is a little short again, I'll try make the next one longer for you<3 I really hope you are still enjoying this even though its rather sad, this story will get happier don't worry but with time, but that doesn't mean there won't still be some struggles along the way:( please let me know your thought really need the feedback for this one to continue writing, thanks