Treacherous thoughts

"It's been 5 days" Helena whined, sitting up right in her bed as she watched Johnny shaving his face from the eu-suite of their large master bedroom. They weren't arguing, in fact Johnny secretly found her complaining quiet adorable. She had been stuck in her bed for days now without so much as getting up to even go downstairs. He had taken care of her this last week and had been at her beck and call with every part of her recovery. At first she was pretty sick again, throwing up after most meals or whenever he had slipped her the blue tablets she was prescribed the first time.

It was like a deja vu. But at least now things were beginning to look up. Helena was holding down solid meals and seemed much healthier now. However, allowing her what she wanted right now was still something Johnny was unsure about. He knew she wanted to go out but still he felt deep down that she should be resting, it may have been a week already but she was still very weak, even if she wouldn't admit it.

Huffing in annoyance Helena leaned back against the headboard of the king size bed and crossed her arms like an annoyed toddler pouting stubbornly. "Are you even listening?" she sighed watching him chuckle a little before shooting her a knowing look.

"baby you're pushing yourself" he reasoned.

This only received an eye roll as he entered the room rubbing his face dry with a fluffy white towel before sitting by the bed next to her in just a pair of jeans buckled by a great thick brown belt. "I wouldn't mind you getting some air but knowing you you'll want to go into town where you know reporters will be waiting for you. Hel, they'll make you miserable"

As over protective and caring as he was Helena couldn't help but raise a eye brow at him in slight irritation. "I don't care, I'm not bothered if they want to follow us around....they have sad little lives and therefore if they get joy in taking pictures of a sick woman then good for them" she stated coughing a little after not allowing herself to breathe. This only made Johnny raise his eyebrows as if 'i told you so' which simply caused her to shake her head at him as she cleared her throaty cough.

"I'm fine...please can we go out with the kids? we can take them to the park"

"Helena.."

"Johnny please don't make me beg, I'm bored... so bored lying in this bed all day everyday I need a change of scenery, I promise I wont exhaust myself ok?" she smiled tracing her fingertips over his hand as he stared at her pleading face.

Looking into her puppy eyes Johnny sighed loudly before bowing his head "Fine" he mumbled making her squeal in excitement. "But if we go to the park and I feel you're over doing it, I'm bringing you straight home, alright?"

Bending forward and giving him a quick peck on the lips Helena smiled "Deal".

———————————-

Chewing nervously on his bottom lip Johnny watched as Helena played with Nell in the park. At first he wasn't to worried, but as soon as Nell was getting overly excited about making her mum swing on the zip wire and climb the rock wall he could now only watched like a worried parent as Helena did all the things that made his heart beat that little bit faster. She was challenging her limits and right now Johnny not only felt anxious but also relieved. She didn't seem to stop to cough or pass out because she had worked herself up so much that she had just lost all the energy. she seemed to be going strong and for that he could feel his lip tugging into a small smile as he watched her.

Sitting here on the park bench he turned his gaze to one side to see Billy texting away as he smiled brightly at his phone screen. He was doing this a lot recently and for that Johnny could only look at him with a knowing smirk.

Caching Johnny's gaze Billy narrowed his eyes on him a little "What?"

"Nothing" He replied simply yet Billy sill remained frowning at him. "Is it your girlfriend?"