Who told you?

Another day had gone by and that only meant the start of a new one. And as another long painful day that seemed to go by I think it was fair to say they both had been dreading this one. Today's day on set was orbited around Julia and Barnabas in the 'check up' scene. Everyone working on this particular scene were more interested to see how the two famous actors would get on working together rather closely in this scene more then how they would play out their on screen characters. Dominic watch the pair of them like a hawk as they were both now stood opposite ends of the room having their makeup applied very much like two boxers getting pumped either end of the ring ready to pounce.

Johnny stood still just staring at her as they played around with her bright orange wig and topped up the lipstick to her perfect plumb lips he once couldn't get enough of. He knew that she was avoiding eye contact, he could see she was doing her best not to suddenly glance over at him and for that alone her behaviour was already beginning to irritate him. I mean how the hell were they meant to shoot this scene together? And especially with that kiss they had coming up at the end of the shot. He also knew that there might have been another reason why she hadn't bothered to look at him. In the film industry any one with some hidden information was sure to be exposed sooner or later and with all the whispers and rumours he had heard this morning about her, he knew it was only time until she would have to confess the truth.

"Ok scene 22, places people" Dominic called as soon as Tim came into the room with his Starbucks coffee in hand. Helena finally looked towards Johnny and began to meet him half way on the set whereby he simply pushed himself up to sit on the laid out doctors chair before rolling up his sleeves. "You gonna talk to me?" Johnny said softly by her ear as he watched her faff about with her blood measure monitor before she looked up at him only shooting him a warning look before placing the stethoscope around her neck and looking at both Tim and Dominic for further instructions.

"Babe please don't give me the silent treatment" Johnny tried again whispering by her ear before she turned around and looked at him with such sadness in her eyes. "I'm not Johnny....and please stop calling me by pet names" It felt like a painful blow to her heart every time he would call her, babe, sweetheart or darling. Those words used to make her melt, used to give her a warm feeling but now it just hurt, it just reminded her how close they once were.

"Alright silence people..."Tim called just before the guy with the clapper board announced what scene this was and what take before the cameras began to roll.

"No it's brilliant, theoretically anyway... series of transfusions to try and purify your blood" Helena began speaking her lines to which Johnny immediately got himself into the mind set of Barnabas Collins as she rolled up his sleeve "And my soul with it" He said looking at his long white fingers as he spoke. "I should warn you Barnabas there is a slight chance it wont work" Helena walked over to Johnny at this point and began to place around the blood monitor around his arm "It isn't exactly the thing they teach in medical school"

"You must have faith doctor, for if a man could become a monster then a monster could become a man" As easy as it was to say his lines and act his character nothing was harder then looking at the way that even now on set with the cameras rolling, Helena still avoided eye contact. She would glance up at him every now and again but he could tell she was still feeling sour, still hurting. He just wanted to stop the film rolling and to just reach out for her instead, but he knew he could not do either of these things even if he wanted too.

"Why give up the gift of eternal youth? I mean look at me? every year I get half as pretty and twice as drunk" Helena finished before walking over to the other side of the set before Tim called out "cut"

"Great! ok" Tim beamed happily before walking over to Helena which made Johnny frown as he suddenly began to whisper something by her ear on the lines of 'are you alright to shoot this next scene' to which she simply responded 'lets just get it over with' Johnny overhead her say that she wanted it to be done with and that was enough to make him sigh to himself before Tim retuned back to his place beside Dominic who was watching the pair of them with a pathetic smirk playing about his knowing lips. It was their kiss scene and for the first time in his entire life he actually felt nervous about this, she hated him right now how was this supposed to work?