The Final Chapter

Helena closed her eyes for a brief second whilst breathing in the sweet city air. She and Diana sat on one of London's finest rooftops onlooking the river thames and the London eye. The pair of them had been sat sharing the afternoon sipping at prosecco and eating strawberries dipped in cream and chocolate. The whole rooftop was surrounded with smartly dressed people chatting and laughing on this surprisingly lovely sunny day here in London. She actually had made a proper effort today with her outfit. She kind of had to considering the dress code for this highly exclusive restaurant was stricked. She decided on wearing a white floaty dress with a floral design print giving it that gorgeous beauty that she had admired so much when she had purchased it. Her hair hung clumsy on the top of her head allowing a few stray curls to fall onto the tops of her creamy shoulders. She didn't apply too much makeup but just enough that it brought out her cherry lips and brown eyes, she looked stunning.

"And how's our little Rose getting on?" Diana asked opposite Helena on their little table for two in the corner.

Smiling at the very thought of her daughter Helena smirked to herself "She's wonderful Di, she had her first day at her new nursery yesterday and came rushing in yelling 'Daddy.. daddy I made loads of new friends'...." Helena giggled smiling like the happy mother she was as she talked about their little princess. 

"Oh how lovely, i'm so happy she's getting on alright" Diana sipped at her glass of prosecco before running her hands down the smooth fabric of her plain but yet still beautiful dark blue dress. "She seemed to be getting on just fine, I dropped her off this morning and she was chanting at the bit to go in" Helena added lifting her own glass and leaning back in the whicker chair as she admired their breathtaking surroundings. London really is a beautiful city, especially when the sun shined like it was now. Helena felt proud to call this place home, she just loved it here.

Looking at her friend Diana watched her swinish the remains of her drink and smirked at her "I hope you are meant to be drinking Hel, I know it's been a few years since..."

Rolling her eyes at her Helena chuckled as she placed the empty glass on the table. "Don't be silly, I can have the odd drink here and there I'm just not supposed to get drunk..." she smirked before lifting one of the strawberries to her lips and biting into the sweet fruit.

"At least that's what Johnny says, although I think he's just overprotective, I believe he tells me that only because he worries when I'm drunk" she giggled thinking of the many times he has had to look after her after she had had one to many.

"He loves you very much Helena"

"Mmm, that's sometimes the problem" she teased tucking into another strawberry. "Although..." she chewed licking the corners of her lips as she ate at the strawberry in her fingers. "He's acting very odd recently, I think he's up to something..."

Frowning Diana picked up her own strawberry from the platter. "oh?" she questioned.

"Well, I think he's trying to wind me up or something like that on purpose, every time we...you know...have a moment or so he stops just at the wrong time worried that the kids may here or walk in on us....but it's been going on for 4 days now" she explained knowing full well her husband was possibly trying to irritated her for reasons she had no idea why.

"Oh, do you have sex?" Diana asked so easily which always made Helena smirk "No, well not sex..." Diana frowned confused at where Helena was going with this. "I really don't think its appropriate to say Di, put it this way he knows how to get me in the mood but as soon as we begin making out or getting to heated he cuts it off leaving me..."

"hanging?"

"Yeah" Helena sighed frowning herself now. "I know that he must be doing this to play with my mind but it's really getting at me now, I yelled at him the other night for stopping and he simply replied 'Baby we need to be up early for Rose's new day at nursery' he thinks bringing the kids into the picture makes it all ok but it's not, I love my children but then we've never not had sex just because the kids are around....I mean what the hell does he think he's doing right now?" Helena ranted sighing again dramatically as if her sexual frustration was creeping back up on her.